Question - Switching between X &Y Settings via MFC

Adinfinitum

Experienced
Are you able to switch between X & Y settings (say have X be Plexi without Boost and Y with Boost engaged) via IAs on the MFC? This would solve not being able to have the Boost function in the Amp Block not-switchable.

Yes, you would have to set up the same amp x with out boost and y with boost. Then set up on IA for amp 1 x y. I set mine up for more of a channel /amp switching. But you can set it up how ever you like. Two versions of the same amp one louder hotter. What ever you WA. It's a great feature. You can also gang some x y s together say when you change amp x y the cabinets change as well. I switch drives as well all from one switch.

Hope that helps

Larry

You can also gang some x y s together say when you change amp x y the cabinets change as well. I switch drives as well all from one switch.

Hey Larry,

How are you achieving the ganged IA switches for X/Y on multiple blocks? For the life of me I can't find this in the MFC manual.

Hey Bkrumme,I do it by making in the (axe fx) the x/y ccnumbers the same. So for amp x/channel switching IA amp 1 amp 2 drive 1 cab 1 all have the same cc number 100. So when I change channels on the amp, they all change at the same time. The amp and cabs change as well as the drive. I figure the drive should be at a different setting maybe even different drive so when on clean v dirty channels. If I have two amps in the same preset for a dual amp rig when I change from clean to dirty I want them both tow be on the clean or dirty channels at the same time. Hope that helps

Larry

I do what Larry does - it's on the midi tab from the I/O button on the 2. Pretty simple - which is good, because a lot of this stuff goes over my head otherwise. :D

Hey Bkrumme,I do it by making in the (axe fx) the x/y ccnumbers the same. So for amp x/channel switching IA amp 1 amp 2 drive 1 cab 1 all have the same cc number 100. So when I change channels on the amp, they all change at the same time. The amp and cabs change as well as the drive. I figure the drive should be at a different setting maybe even different drive so when on clean v dirty channels. If I have two amps in the same preset for a dual amp rig when I change from clean to dirty I want them both tow be on the clean or dirty channels at the same time. Hope that helps

Larry
Should make this a wiki item. 'cus its going to come up more often as the Axe2 makes it out into the "wild" :)

Thanks Larry! I'm going to try programming the Axe2 and MFC over the weekend. Finally got a Radial Hotshot ABi pedal so I can run both the 2 and Standard into my Atomic FRmand switch between the two

Will we be able to use this function with another controller say the fcb 1010?Most my gigs I;m lucky to fit my old boss suitcase in my little spot on:stage"I would not be able to fit the MFC on most gigs.
thanks,
Tim

Will we be able to use this function with another controller say the fcb 1010?Most my gigs I;m lucky to fit my old boss suitcase in my little spot on:stage"I would not be able to fit the MFC on most gigs.
thanks,
Tim

After Larry's bit of advice I tried some things tonight. Short answer, YES! You can do this with any controller. You just need to send the right CC message to the Axe-Fx.

Glad I could help. Yeah it's more of assigning the right cc numbers in the axe fx II. I think any controller with Asignable cc numbers should be able to do it.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom