Question Regarding Latency Issue with Interface and Axe-FX II

Warrior

Power User
I don't think my Axe-FX II has anything to do with the issue I'm experiencing but I'm hoping someone might have experienced this and can help.

I'm running my Axe-FX II direct to DAW via USB.
I'm using my Axe-Fx as my input and my interface as my output.

When I start recording or even just playing through my DAW everything sounds fine. Over a random period of time, latency begins to creep into the system.

If I select audio device in my DAW (Reaper) and select OK, it resets itself and then it creeps back in over time.

I was using a Saffire Pro 24 DSP interface. The issue existed.
I am now using an Audient iD14 and the issue still exists. In fact, it seems like the latency creeps in quicker now.

I have been working with Audient support to try to resolve the issue and so far, no luck.

I've tried using an aggregate device (I'm on a Mac), using separate devices for input and output, checking and unchecking 'Allow use of different input and output devices' and 'Request sample rate' and 'Request block size' boxes.

Nothing helps.

Has anyone experienced this?

All devices need the same audio clock for reference. Does each device use the same clock?
I'm not sure, to be honest.

I was getting crackling sounds during record and playback. The Audient tech told me "It sounds like the drift correction could be the cause of the crackles, but it would need a bit more testing to confirm this. If the crackles do still end up happening without drift correction, then it may be worth getting a coaxial to optical converter box, which you could then use to clock the iD14 from the Fractal Audio device, which means they would always be in sync."

When I deselected "Drift Correction" the crackling went away.

So it's probably apparent that I don't know much about clocking, etc.

Last edited:
If the latency still drifts you should expect clicks. To hear them all, send a low frequency sine wave or bass guitar open E note with treble rolled back. Your devices should all be set to slave audio, but one device.

Back
Top Bottom