Question regarding CFR12/CLR, playing at home (studio)

Se7en

Inspired
Hi,

I play mostly at home and I'm using AxeFX as following:
- Output 1, XLR out -> Adam A7x
- Output 2, FX-Loop -> Mesa 2:90 -> Mesa 4x12

I use the Adams when recording/mixing but for practice I still prefer playing through poweramp/cab.
It might have something to do with guitar-resonance and speaker size 12".
I'm very pleased of this setup but I think it's a bit overkill for "home studio".

I'm now considering to get either CFR12/CLR actives to replace the poweramp/cab.
How do you think it will suite my needs, or will it be too similar to my adams?

(I usually play higain stuff, FAS modern/lead2/recto/mark...)

I am pretty much in the same situation as you
you've got to try an FRFR system to see if it suits you
I have tried 2 so far, the atomic passive/Art SLA2 and a mackie HD1221
I am still preferring my Mesa 50/50 out to my real cabs for "practicing and jamming.
Right now I am thinking of getting th enew Fryette power amp to replace the Mesa (more neutral)
and getting a different cab scenario that will give me more flexibility.
I also like that fact that with a power amp I can plug in a "real' preamp if I want to go all tube (for whatever reason).
You will get a lot of differing opinions on this
the newer CLR offerings may make me change my mind but so far ......nope.

I don't think you're going to get much feedback on the CFR12 and CLR.

CFR12's just started shipping, and CLR's aren't yet available.

I'm using Matrix CFR12...just received it on Monday...been testing it for the past nights and is really amazed with the sounds that I can get...I have hooked up my Axe FX II to Matrix GT1000FX in stereo 1 side to my Blackstar 4 x 12 V30s & the other to Matrix CFR12...tested clean amps, high gain amps, piezo, bass amps & some mid range gain amps with the CFR12...clarity in cleans, tight & nice bottom end for the high gain, piezo is awesome & the mid range stuffs is excellent...the 4 x 12 V30s are nice but the CFR12 is awesome...you got to hear it yourself...will try to upload some videos by the end of the week...
Matrix CFR12.jpgMatrix CFR12d.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom