Question re: Loading XL & XL+ Presets in to a Axe II MK 2 ..... a bit confused ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all

Putting aside my ramblings over on the AX8 forum ....... I'll be taking possession of a friends Axe FX II Mark 2 in about 4 - 6 weeks [ I've bought and paid for it but he is using it in his bands shows until then]

So been reading the manual - and I have to say it is an excellently written manual - and was also looking at the Axe Pre-Set Exchange ... but I am a bit confused about cross-model compatibility.

So my questions are:-

- I presume XL and XL+ presets do not directly load in to a 2 Mk 2 ?

- Is there a way to get XL and XL+ presets into a 2 Mk 2 ?

- If so, is it done with Axe Edit ?

- If so, does Axe Edit just ignore / leave out any non-compatible 2 Mk 2 blocks ?

Apologies for what are probably pretty simple / obvious questions, but I'm somewhat confused about how to do this -or- if in fact it can be done.

Many thanks,
Ben

I think that it could be done, if someone writes the proper converter, since they both use the same engine. Although we may have to manually point the positions of the user cabs that are out of range.

Or at least, it would be very nice to have an XL/XL+ preset viewer so we can see how the presets are configured.

:cool:

Many thanks everyone.

No biggie but good to know.

I tend to build my sounds from ground-up so all good.

I just thought [assumed actually] that the XL and XL+ presets would load [backwards[ but would automatically leave out / ignore any unsupported blocks or settings ... but all good.nevertheless :)

Thanks again,
Ben

I used Fractal Bot to get my Mark I presets into my XL, worked nicely.
Yes of course, Mark I and Mark II are exactly the same machine with the same firmware versions. Only difference is that the connector for the MFC is another type.

I speculate that due to the extra possibilities of blocks in a preset is the factor in not being able to load XL/XL+ presets into a Mark I/II.

The Axe wouldn't know what to do with the extra blocks. I don't think Cliff would use obsolescence marketing ?

Although, I do wish we could load individual blocks into the I/II. I dl'ed some blocks for M@'s delays quite some time ago and get an error message every time I start Axe-Edit since.

Of course it can be done... with a converter software.

I think so too, but I also remember what a major pain in the *** it was getting Axe-Edit to work reliably. Complete paradigm shift.

It might be a major undertaking to make a converter that could reliably convert presets without corruption.

Back
Top Bottom