Question on recalling Global Library blocks on different channels

moo cow

Inspired
I sat down yesterday to do some housekeeping on the Axe III and decided I wanted to name all the drives by their real names. So I pulled up my Bandmaster preset and went through each drive under the "TYPE" drop down menu in Axe Edit. I choose a drive from the list, i.e, Timothy 1 and adjusted the settings to taste. Then right under the Type box I clicked on the the drop down arrow for "BLOCK LIBRARY" and choose "SAVE AS" and renamed the block as Timmy 1.
This seemed to be working and I renamed every drive block in the Axe.

I did all this while in the C channel of the drive block in my original preset.
So now, I can click on BLOCK LIBRARY and pick the drive I want and have them listed by their real name and have them already set like it like them.

However, when I would change to a different CHANNEL in the Drive block (same preset) it didn't work. I could still choose a drive from my BLOCK LIBRARY but it wouldn't change the "TYPE" to the correct drive. If I choose the Timmy 1, it would bring up a Rat.

I assumed Global Library would be, well, Global across all Channels. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for any help

Global blocks and the Block Library are two different things.

The Block Library lets you name a saved block. That applies to the block, not a specific channel.

Thanks Yek
I understand that, what I'm not quite getting is the recalling of the saved block. If I save a block to my Block Library and I'm in Channel C when I save it, I can recall that block out of the Library and it loads correctly as long as I'm still in Channel C. If I move to say, Channel A, then choose a block out of the Library is doesn't load correctly. Do I need to save every block across all 4 channels?

I think the misunderstanding is the ENTIRE block is saved as the named block, not just channel it is on when added to the library? I haven't had an issue with the block not loading correctly if I'm not on the channel it was on when initially saved.

By not loading correctly I mean, it will load up the block from the Library but the Type of drive will be something different. For example if I load a Bluesbreaker from the Library it will load as a Rat. But only if I'm currently in a different channel. If I go back to the original Channel C it works a charm.

By not loading correctly I mean, it will load up the block from the Library but the Type of drive will be something different. For example if I load a Bluesbreaker from the Library it will load as a Rat. But only if I'm currently in a different channel. If I go back to the original Channel C it works a charm.
Change to the expected channel after loading.

You seem to be missing the point made several times. Saved blocks are BLOCKS (which include ALL channels) and not individual CHANNELS. You are loading a block, not a channel.

All the channels of a saved block are loaded from that saved block. The channel that is active after loading the saved block may not be the one you want. Simply select the channel you want.

Unix guy, Obviously the point made several times is lost on me or I wouldn't still have questions. thanks for the advice but please leave the finger waving at home. Clearly some folks don't understand every facet of this incredibly complex machine as well as others.

Unix guy, Obviously the point made several times is lost on me or I wouldn't still have questions. thanks for the advice but please leave the finger waving at home. Clearly some folks don't understand every facet of this incredibly complex machine as well as others.
He’s speaking factually and straight forward. I see no fingers waving.

A block is all channels. If you load a block you load all channels. That’s why it’s called Global Blocks and Block Library, not Global Channels and Channel Library. It loads all channels.

I'm simply trying to explain to you that what you think is a problem is not a problem, but is expected behavior that you're not understanding.

I tried to word my reply in a way that would make the issue more apparent.

If you still don't understand let us know. I am happy to try and explain it more clearly.

Sorry I got my hackles up. When I am told I missed the point 'several times' it kinda rubs me the wrong way because I clearly didn't understand the point being made. If I understood it then I wouldn't have questions. If it's expected behavior then that's all I needed to know. Thank you. All is good.

Back
Top Bottom