Question on ordering after invitation

sandmannn69

Experienced
I know you guys pull the trigger without looking after you get that lovely invite from Fractal, but does anyone know how long you have to order after receiving your invite before you lose your chance?

Reason I'm asking is I may be receiving an invite within the next couple days, and will be going out of town in a week (Christmas Eve) for a week.

Guess I could have UPS hold it, but they're not as convenient as Fedex (and I don't like UPS). Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

I received my invitation yesterday. Here is the text. If you get the invitation before you leave I'd just reply to the message to let them know you will be ordering but delaying the order so that the unit does not come while you are out of town.

Hello,

The new AX8 Amp Modeler + Multi-Fx is now in stock and ready to ship!

The link below takes you to a private page where you can order your AX8.
Please do not share your link with anyone. We check all orders against the list.

Because demand is so high, we ask that you let us know if you do NOT intend to order immediately.
(If you delay too long, you might find your reserve unit out of stock and need to wait again.)

Please reply to this email with any questions, and thank you for choosing Fractal Audio Systems.

I received my invitation yesterday. Here is the text. If you get the invitation before you leave I'd just reply to the message to let them know you will be ordering but delaying the order so that the unit does not come while you are out of town.

Hello,

The new AX8 Amp Modeler + Multi-Fx is now in stock and ready to ship!

The link below takes you to a private page where you can order your AX8.
Please do not share your link with anyone. We check all orders against the list.

Because demand is so high, we ask that you let us know if you do NOT intend to order immediately.
(If you delay too long, you might find your reserve unit out of stock and need to wait again.)

Please reply to this email with any questions, and thank you for choosing Fractal Audio Systems.
Thank you for sharing this info bro, way cool of you! :cool:

X

Side Note: I've NEVER been SO excited to spend $1399.99 in my life!!!!!!!

Last edited:
So it sounds like FAS is saying: This reserved invitation expires "soon"... o_O

;)

That's pretty fast from NH.

And you're probably just a few miles from me.
Well it would have been here sooner, if I had paid for it. I was in Seattle when I ordered it, so I figured a few days is sufficient. I do wish I had it yesterday as I started putting my board together last night. A little secret and maybe everyone knows this already when securing your stuff to your pedal board, use a heat gun to get the glue squishy, so it will adhere better. That technique has worked great so far. Of course I have only done one pedal so far.

The touring Velcro that Trailer trash sells. Its great stuff.
IMG_4024.JPG IMG_4025.JPG IMG_4026.JPG

The invitation technically never "expires", but the ear-marked inventory behind it certainly will sell out if you don't act relatively quickly once it comes. There are two specific time windows in play:

The first is the "buy it right now!" window.
At the moment the invitation is sent, there are enough units on hand and in the store to take all the orders.
We expect (and generally find) that customers purchase very quickly after getting an invitation.
If you delay, we'll eventually assume you aren't ready to "buy it right now" and then send a fresh invitation to another customer.
For the AX8, this is currently happening within 2-3 days, because things are fairly rabid right now.
Since we don't cancel your un-used invites, this eventually means there are more active, open invitations than there are units on hand. If you follow the link in your invitation and the product shows "OUT OF STOCK" this means you waited too long. However, you can check the link again from time to time and you will find that you can order without going to the end of the line once the inventory is replenished.

The second time window is much larger.
On a waitlist as large as that for the AX8, there may be some "hard breaks" where we switch to a totally new inventory "bucket". Two examples include 1) Months have passed without action on a group of open invitations 2) The waitlist was cleared and a new one created. When this happens, you'll find that your old invitation redirects to the store home page instead. You may be able to click the product and order without a wait. If not, you have two options. 1) Wait until that's possible, or 2) Sign up for a new notification email.

In general, I send an email to EVERYONE on the waitlist once it has been cleared.

So to answer the original question of @sandmannn69, I would not recommend waiting a week on your invitation at this very active time. The daily "push" sells out rather quickly and I'd hate to see you caught behind a moving "air bubble". One option might be to ship to a friend or family member. Just please first let your credit card company know about the address, or they'll flag your order as potentially fraudulent and you'll have to jump through some hoops to clear it. If you have any trouble, let us know and Mark or I will personally help you.

EDIT: I deleted some erroneous info above, including posts where it was quoted. No harm no foul.

Last edited:
Received an invite last night and thought I was going hold off for a few weeks and sent 'sales' a note indicating my intentions but after reading Matt's post above, I caved in hard. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused but stoked to be waiting for the mail!

Back
Top Bottom