Question on not using a Cab block at all...

Shaw

Inspired
I want to go from my AxeIII --> GT1600FX --> 2 guitar cabs (in stereo)... can anyone think of a reason why I wouldn't want to just not use a cab block in my presets for this setup? Not using a cab block would free up CPU for other blocks. I realize that this setup won't allow me to send a signal to FOH.

Are there any other disadvantages to this?

If you use real cabs, then you don’t use a cab block. This is in the basics section of the manual.

If you want both cabs sims and non-cab sim outputs, that’s also in the manual.

Just keep the global 'Cab Modeling' turned off for when you may find yourself auditioning other presets that may have a Cab block in them?

Unless you are using FRFR monitors when auditioning or playing at home, etc...

If you use real cabs, then you don’t use a cab block. This is in the basics section of the manual.
I got that part. I just meant is there is disadvantage to not even having a cab block present in the preset, as opposed to having a cab block, and turning it off in the global settings.

Thanks!

Just keep the global 'Cab Modeling' turned off for when you may find yourself auditioning other presets that may have a Cab block in them?
I suppose that is another disadvantage: the inability to quickly audition other presets.

Thanks!

I got that part. I just meant is there is disadvantage to not even having a cab block present in the preset, as opposed to having a cab block, and turning it off in the global settings.

Thanks!
That wasn’t clear in the first post at all, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom