Question on Ir's

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
Lets see if I can explain this correctly,lets say I'm using slot 3 and 4 in my user cabs and I make a pre-set and save them, then a week later I put different speakers in those same slots,My question is, does the preset I made a week ago with other speakers , change to the newer speakers I put in the same slot? Thanks:?

Thats explain it ,I,m not as crazy as I thought I was,Just talking about this on another thread how one day My axe blows me away and then another day it doesn't sound the same lol guess Its a learning experience. Thanks guys .Now what speakers was I using :cry

Now what speakers was I using :cry

I have a folder that contains all my user cab IRs. I copy whatever IR I uploaded to the Axe there and add '01' - '10' at the beginning of the name. If I replace one IR with another I add an 'x' in front of the number.
It's a bit tedious, but it works.

Last edited:
Thats explain it ,I,m not as crazy as I thought I was,Just talking about this on another thread how one day My axe blows me away and then another day it doesn't sound the same lol guess Its a learning experience. Thanks guys .Now what speakers was I using :cry

Good plan.

I've lost a few good IR/amp matches so far (will find them again eventually). I've only had the Ultra for a few weeks!

I'll make a folder where I copy in IRs that I like and number them as per your scheme.

Normally with Axe Edit you can see the name of your USER IR, of course one still needs to know what is in it...however, with Axe Edit it is quite comfortable to do the changes of USER IR's so you could permit yourself some trial and error as long as you won't need to explore the tons of IR's on the web. To my experience the best way to know how sounds your IR is to give it a try at band level.

Yes, this is exactly what I do also in a folder "USER IR ACTUAL STATUS", but with the complete filenames as Axe Edit recognizes them on upload/synchro

Back
Top Bottom