Question on hooking up 2 guitars, electric and acoustic

wknight2

Inspired
Can someone help me understand how to make this scenario work?

At free shows we do, there is no sound guy.

I run my electric into the front input of the Axe. One output goes to my Verve, which I use as a backline. The R output goes to the PA, with that channel on the PA turned down, so just a little signal goes through the PA, enough to provide some wider room coverage and make the sound more 3d.

I'd like to have my acoustic hooked up to the axe as well, ready to go, so I don't need to unplug the electric from the Axe and plug in the acoustic into the Axe. But, the signal for the acoustic needs to go into a different channel on the PA which is much louder, because I can't get my acoustic through the verve to sound good for some reason, so the primary sound for the acoustic would come from the PA. I could plug straight into the PA, but then I couldn't add Axe effects to my signal like chorus or a boost for solos.

Any thoughts on how to make this work? Thanks in advance!

You could keep sending one channel to the PA but turn its channel up there. Connect acoustic to Input 2, place FXL in layout, use Axe-FX output mixer (or last block in each chain) balance controls to adjust how much of each signal goes to each location. Electric mostly left, acoustic fully right.

Or (assuming you don't apply unique processing to PA vs. Verve electric signals) use Out 1 XLR L & R to PA for elec. & acous. separately, plus elec. channel's 1/4" out to Verve.

Back
Top Bottom