Question on Configuring the Reference Input … ?

R.D.

Power User
Do you have to use a recording based package to play in your reference sample ( like Reaper or Audacity ) ?

I’m trying to use VLC Media Player and I can’t seem to get it configured so the Axe’s USB will see it ?

I can find the Axe-Fx USB under: Media / Open Capture Device / Audio Device Name ( Axe-Fx II Audio ) ....

But when I play the reference sample the Axe doesn't seem to see it ?

THANKS !

O.K., let's try this another way ....

How are you playing your reference samples into the Axe ... ?

Like I mentioned above, I've heard guys using Repear and/or Audacity.

Any others ?

THANKS ....

I've done it through my daw, windows media player, youtube stream, and a soundcloud stream.
If you're on a windows machine, you can right click the speaker icon , select playback devices, then set the axe-fx as the default device.
Then in the TM block set reference to usb and set everything to left, should work fine with vlc.

Funeral !

THANKS for the info ..., but unfortunately I'm still somewhat confused ....

I did what you suggested ( and it makes sense to me ), but when I "right click" the speaker icon, I have three options for a playback device, and the Axe II isn't one of them ....

1.) Output 2 Avid MBox
2.) Realtek High Definition Audio ( default )
3.) a 2nd Realtek High Definition Audio option ( redundant - ? )

I'm not sure why the Axe isn't showing, I've not had any problems with anything else ?

Does VLC use ASIO? If it does you will have to choose the option to use it. If it does not, you will probably have to use another media player or one of the analog out puts of the devices that do show up

Just a possibility...

When you say Windows doesn't recognize the Axe-FxII as an option... the first thing I think of is the USB driver not being installed or not correctly. For one reason or another the Axe-Fx has not been introduced to your machine in a way that it can recognize it.

Back
Top Bottom