Question on configuring switch functions on FM3 and FC12

Guitar74

Hi all:
Currently an Axe FX II user.
Looking to upgrade to the FM3 and FC switchers.

I would like to know the level of customization available for the switch setups are.
For example:

I am thinking I would want the following setup.

FC12:
Lower buttons would be basic scenes (clean, mild crunch, hard rock rhythm, lead, etc.. ).
Top buttons would be for FX on/off and tap/tempo.

FM3:
Things I would always need active regardless of preset or scene.
Left button: Tuner mute.
Middle: Presets switch (switch presets with FC12). (with either two of the buttons on the FM3 or FC12 being bank up or bank down).
Right: Scenes (switch scenes and FX on/off with FC12).

I suppose a simpler question would be:
Can the FC12 have some buttons be scenes and some be FX on/off simultaneously in the same layout?

Also; can I change the FM3 switch functions for different groups I play in?
For example; all of the above is for guitar.
If I am playing bass, I would not need the FC12, and I would like just three scenes for each of the switches (clean, slight dirt, more distortion) all running one basic bass preset. Can I do this without having to manually reprogram the switches each time - i.e. can I select some existing switch configuration layout preset?

Thank you !!

The FM3 (and Axe Fx III) have 8 layouts of 12 switches that can be customized for your needs.

The layouts will be shared between the FM3 and the FC-12...

On the FC-12 you'll have direct access to both Tap and Hold functions for all 12 buttons on any layout. You can quickly change between layouts.

On the FM3 you can use Views to access "sets" of 3 switches in a layout at a time (4 Views * 3 switches == 12 switches).

Any switch can do any function. External switches can also be defined as Stand In switches, and also do any function.

On top of that every single preset can have up to 24 per-preset switches that can override a layout switch (so you could have 2 full layouts of switches that are unique for a given preset).

I would suggest giving the FC Manual a read.

take a look at this thread, (if you have not already) https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-fc-6-omg9.160180/ and watch the video in the second post after watching it should give concept, the FC12 is double the of the FC6 buttons, since the button can have category and function almost anything is possible except for changing channels as they are controlled by scenes, I particularly like having the presets, scenes and effects on the FM3 and the rest of the stuff on the FC6 but with a FC12 your really not limited in the layout. but to answer your question "yes" scenes and, presets and effects can all be on the FC12 at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom