Question Matman's boost trick and VU

cellopet

Inspired
Hi, i have a doubt. I've always used Matman's boost trick with my Axe and Mfc to boost my level for solos. I create my presets at Home where i have NOT my MFC plugged. Now checking my level in the rehersal room with the VU meters, I've seen all my presets Way down the db line, because the level is a lot quiter ( i use 110 /127). Now my question is: May this difference change my presets dynamic and punch, or it is just the same and i can continue using my Global Boost? Or is it better changing my boost ( for example adding a scene with output level increased)?

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, i have a doubt. I've always used Matman's boost trick with my Axe and Mfc to boost my level for solos. I create my presets at Home where i have NOT my MFC plugged. Now checking my level in the rehersal room with the VU meters, I've seen all my presets Way down the db line, because the level is a lot quiter ( i use 110 /127). Now my question is: May this difference change my presets dynamic and punch, or it is just the same and i can continue using my Global Boost? Or is it better changing my boost ( for example adding a scene with output level increased)?

No change for Dynamics and punch. It's only a volume reduction. The "Solo" position when using your MFC means 127/127 (=Full volume) and is the same level as if the MFC is disconnected. When you plug in your MFC, the "Normal" position (=110/127, no Solo) is activated and the volume is reduced. The only hearable difference in sound if you compare 110 to 127 may be related to Fletcher-Munson, but that should not be so dominant.

No change for Dynamics and punch. It's only a volume reduction. The "Solo" position when using your MFC means 127/127 (=Full volume) and is the same level as if the MFC is disconnected. When you plug in your MFC, the "Normal" position (=110/127, no Solo) is activated and the volume is reduced. The only hearable difference in sound if you compare 110 to 127 may be related to Fletcher-Munson, but that should not be so dominant.

Yes, i was worried because i made preset level with VU meters ( on the Line) at Home, and when i check at rehersal obviously i see level a lot below the Line, and i was wondering If this would affect my tone. Thanks for the explanation

Thanks Man! So you suggest to keep my actual choice.

Yes, I use this since the Standard Axe days, but with 112/127 which is an exact copy of the volume reduction I had inserted into my Mesa Mk3 I used before the Axe came.

Yes, I use this since the Standard Axe days, but with 112/127 which is an exact copy of the volume reduction I had inserted into my Mesa Mk3 I used before the Axe came.

Perfect! I've been using 110/127 for 2 years now

Back
Top Bottom