Question is this a do able scenario with the Axe II/

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
i was just looking through the manual to see how you set up a rig if you want to just use the Axe FX for effects only in the loop of a head.
I see you change you change input1 to "Rear" and plug the loop send into the rear input 1 and the loop return into Output 1 Left.
but what if I want output 1 to be going into powered monitors or FOH? Is there a way to have these two set ups running simultaneaously?
I don't see one.
if I want to have this set up wired so I can switch back and forth is it ok to have the loop return go into output 2 Left and just put an effects loop block in the
effects only Patch? that way I could presumably just change the input 1 to front and kill the volume on output 2 so I can use my regular full patches
into my monitors and for recording and switch to input 1 rear and turn off the volume on output 1 and turn up out 2 to use the effects in the loop of a head?
or am I asking too much here?

Yes, that's possible. You could just use Copy Out 1 to 2 when playing to the amp return instead of placing an FXL in those presets.

Last edited:
not only is this possible it's freaking awesome
I scored a jsx head and a recto 2X12 cab for cheap and thought I'd do a little comparison with the power section of the JSX and the Fryette 2/50/2
I set up the Axe Fx with the rear out left going into the send of the JSX loop and output 2 left into the return.
Now with this set up I can turn the input left to rear and use the Axe fx for effects only (using an fxloop block at the end of my "Effects" only patch)
and plug into the front of my JSX when I need some "tubeness"
or I can set the input to front and plug into the front of the Axe FX and use my regular patches with the JSX power amp driving out 2 and out 1 still goes to my Rokits
or my Daw.
the JSX has one of the cleanest power sections out there. Joe wanted it very neutral so he could use pedals in front of the clean
and it's a very well behaved amp at low volumes (this is my 3rd one, I did this with a JSX combo previously but hated the speakers,that's when I scored the Fryette
and decided to go that route).
I was going to go 4 cable but this set up gives me a ton of flexibility
too freaking cool. Now I can use the build in GEQ's,PEQ's Phase shifter delays reverb etc.... with all 3 channels of the front of the JSX
or change one setting and plug into the front of the Axe and have over 100 amps available.
Mr. Chase very well thought out design :)

Back
Top Bottom