Question : In1 -> Out 3 same as Out 3 "Copy In 1"?

fractalz

Power User
Question : is routing In 1 -> Out 3 the same as setting Out 3 "Copy In 1"?

I think the answer is NO since the first method will include the In 1 noise gate but the Copy In should not.

I'm trying to set up for analog recording / re-amping without having to dive into menus every time I switch modes.

I'd use USB but my projects don't always come in at 48kHz.

Question : is routing In 1 -> Out 3 the same as setting Out 3 "Copy In 1"?

I think the answer is NO since the first method will include the In 1 noise gate but the Copy In should not.

I'm trying to set up for analog recording / re-amping without having to dive into menus every time I switch modes.

I'd use USB but my projects don't always come in at 48kHz.
You can always use a noise gate plugin after the recording

You can always use a noise gate plugin after the recording

It would probably be better to defeat the In1 gate, split right after In1 and then add a noise gate to the path going to the Amp. Otherwise, the amped signal will have noise... If I later decide I don't like the gate settings (or anything else), I can reamp with a clean copy of In1.

It would probably be better to defeat the In1 gate, split right after In1 and then add a noise gate to the path going to the Amp. Otherwise, the amped signal will have noise... If I later decide I don't like the gate settings (or anything else), I can reamp with a clean copy of In1.
I meant you can use the "copy in 1" function and, even though you'll have the noise gate active only on your amped recording, you can apply a noise gate to your dry recording later.

Actually, if you re-amp the dry signal thru the axe, it will go back to input 1 and be affected by its noise gate. Seems pretty consistent

I meant you can use the "copy in 1" function and, even though you'll have the noise gate active only on your amped recording, you can apply a noise gate to your dry recording later.

Actually, if you re-amp the dry signal thru the axe, it will go back to input 1 and be affected by its noise gate. Seems pretty consistent

Yes, with Copy In1 you'd get the input gate on whatever input you route it to to re-amp. So, 1 gate only. I've been trying to avoid Copy In1 so I don't have to menu dive to switch modes. For now, I'll use In4 for re-amping and see how that goes. Another alternative is going in the rear In1, but that requires unplugging (and back to my point about not wanting to touch things to make it work).

Back
Top Bottom