Question - How do I rename saved IRs?

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
G'day All,

I've done a bunch of IRs and when I was capturing them, I didn't name them... So they were just numbered 1,2,3 etc...
Now I want to rename them - Is that possible with FW11.03 and Axe Edit 3.01?

Thanks
Pauly

Hi Crunchy,

Yes I heard that however I also heard that it's possible a renamed IR cound become corrupted and stop the unit from booting... I can't risk that so will wait for a fractal approved method!

Thanks
Pauly

I have heard it said that shortly is the new soon. :mrgreen

Seriously though, this is the thing that I've been excited about. Cab management (things like renaming as the OP pointed out) are inherently a pain at times, but just managing them all is damn near close to impossible once you start talking about entire libraries. And mixing? I know that a lot of us remember when that was all the craze around here a few years ago. I think that we ran into issues where we started having multiple apps that had different file formats for recipes/mixes and of course there are problems with sharing paid libraries. I am hoping that having a common platform to work from will bring some of it back here.

Really, really excited about CabLab.

From the depths of darkness in the beta testing dungeon: you won't be disappointed, it's gonna be a great app.

Our utility "CabLab" will be available shortly. It will allow renaming, mixing, importing from wav files (at any sample rate), etc., etc.

I had a feeling something like CabLab was underway from a remark Scott P made in another thread - good news for those of us who enjoy a journey down the rabbit hole of IR mixing :)
I think I need to stock up on sleep and family time and buy some flowers for my girlfriend so I have some goodwill (= extra studio time) once CabLab is released - at or shortly after the AxeFest2 I suppose

Back
Top Bottom