Question - FX 8 midi switching

BobDoubleJack

Inspired
hi folks
I’m running the fx8 mk II into a jvm410hjs and have set up midi switching - it worked great at a gig last night for the first hour and a half, then either the fx8 or the amp stopped responding correctly to the stored CC commands and I had to resort to tap dancing effects and the jvm footswitch. Lead set up is 4cm, and a midi cable from the midi out to the midi in of the amp.

My question is, should I also have a midi lead going to the midi in of the fx8 and the midi out of the amp, or should one cable be enough ? Is the single cable causing the confusion? As I said, worked great for our first set, then not so much for the second.
Cheers

I only use one midi cable. midi out to in on my Mesa TC-50. Works flawlessly. I would suspect your cable might be the issue? Did it work after resetting the FX8?

I only use one midi cable. midi out to in on my Mesa TC-50. Works flawlessly. I would suspect your cable might be the issue? Did it work after resetting the FX8?
Hiya, I switched it off then back on and the same issue. It worked fine for a while then started switching to different channels then not at all

Yeah, what tj said. The TC50 manual warns you to not use both a footswitch and MIDI simultaneously. I would guess its similar with the Marshall.

Thought I’d post An update, I reset all the midi programs and the footswitch programs and start from scratch , which has mainly worked in the each scene now changes to the correct channel. However, I can’t seem to toggle the clean green channel onto master vol 2. A partial success ! Haha

Another update - from partial success to relative failure !
Worked well for around an hour last night and the amp stopped responding to the switching. Bugger ! Any suggestions welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom