Question for the AXEperts

A to the T

Experienced
Is there any way to combine a scene change at the same time that I engage the wah with Exp1?

It would be great if I good do this. Basically, when I kick in exp1 I'm trying to enable an OD and reverb too.

what would be better is, if in the next firmware Cliff was able to create a per-preset I/O assignment page.
Then I could just set scene select to exp1 switch on just this one preset I'm using.

I really need to study all the modifiers and see what im missing. Maybe theres a tutorial on them out there somewhere.

Is there any way to combine a scene change at the same time that I engage the wah with Exp1?

If you're using auto-engage on the wah: no. But if you're using a physical switch to engage the wah: yes. It'll be a little awkward though.

I'm assuming you're using the MFC-101 here and that you're willing to burn an IA switch on the MFC to be a wildcard switch to do this. I don't think you can have an external switch send on multiple CC numbers right now. I'm confirming that...

What you're going to do is setup an IA on the MFC-101 to send a value on both the CC# for the external controller you have it mapped to (usually externals are CC# 16 through 28) and you're also going to have it send a value on CC# 34 which is the direct scene selection controller number.

For the sake of this example I'll assume your external controller you have the switch mapped to is External 1 (CC# 16) and that you want Scene 2 when the wah is engaged and Scene 1 when it's bypassed.

Go to the IA Switch Control Change (CC#) Settings page on the MFC (EDIT : MIDI : PAGE-> (8x)) and set c1 to send on the CC#16 on Ch01 -- this is the external controller number. Then set c2 to send on CC#34 Ch01 -- this is the scene selection controller number.

Go to the IA Switch Control Change ON/OFF Values page on the MFC (EDIT : MIDI : PAGE-> (9x)) and for the IA switch number set c1 to send an Off value of 000 and an On value of 127. This bypassed/unbypassed for the external controller. Then set c1 to send an off value of 000 to selects scene 1 when the switch is bypassed and an on value of 001 to select scene 2 when the switch is engaged.

Now when you step on this IA to engage it two things happen: the external controller gets value 127 assigned to it and the scene changes to scene 2 in your preset. You just need to assign external controller 1 to bypass/unbypass your wah. When you disengage the IA the external controller gets value 0 assigned to it and the scene changes to 1 in your preset.

There are more ways to skin this cat. But that's one of them above.

You can do this with the gordius little giant midi footswitch. You can program the expression pedal toe or Heel down to engage any preset you want, and that preset can be any command you want or a stream of commands, including if/then logical statements which can be extremely handy. There's one for sale here. I might buy it as a backup. I've become incredibly dependent on my LG2.

I think you can sort of do this with autoengage.
You can't actually change scenes, but you can get other blocks to engage at the same time.

You basically assign a modifier to (say) the reverb level, with min and max both at the same level, autoengage on and tie it to the same expression pedal. That way the pedal will turn the block on, but not change any of the values.

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. I should have provided more details.
I'm actually using the Roland FC-300 foot controller as its also controlling my VG-99.
I'm not using auto engage.
My EXP1 is mapped to CC#16 (Ext Ctrl 1) which modifies the Wah Control parameter
My EXP1 switch is mapped to CC#88 (which is my WahWah1 bypass)

EDIT:
Thanks guys, I figured something out.

I set Wah to auto engage slow,
I set Overdrive Tone Modifier to auto engage slow and set both Min/Max levels to 1.00 (which is the tone level). So this basically engages the block but doesn't change any parameters.
I set Reverb Time to auto engage and set both Min/Max Time values to 1.50sec which is the value of my Reverb setting. This also engages the block but doesn't change any parameters.

Now it works! I just need to figure out how to incorporate an CAB X/Y change now when I auto-engage for the solo. lol

This is why I get married to my gear, because I spend so much time trying to figure out how to make things work and all the little tricks involved.

Thanks again guys, great forum and good karma for you all !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom