Question for Reverb Experts

lucbl3

Hello Guys!

I've been trying to nail the reverb sound from Brian May's "Somebody to Love" solo. Could anyone here try to help me with settings?

Thanks! Cheers!

you might try a london plate...
Id bet it was a real plate verb and the london plate is mighty mighty..
also part of that what your hearing is burns pickups they have a sound of their own.
I think its integral too that sound..

Ill try a crack at that one just to hear it I bet its plate verb though..

Just a hunch.

Oh yes Im using London plate....
normal quality
time 2.40 sec size 30.0 echo density 2 mix global 16.8% level 0.0db
pre delay 20.0 hf time 0.170 lf time 1.250 lf cross over 749.9 hz stereo width 90.0% input gain 100.% bypass thru.

Now I only mess with mix or level there and stereo width
I dont dicker with the rest but start there and see..

ps using the LPD KLON DUMBLE ODS-100 HRM AMP With humbucker in bridge pos and its nailing that tone here.

I think its in e flat too pretty sure..
input drive on amp is 5 overdrive 4.76 bass 4.25 mid 6.30 treb 6.46 presence off depth off master volume is 3.00 level -12.0

Try that and you might bump the level on verb to taste but check that out I did that in 5 min and im using jbl studio monitors tuned too the room ..

Check that out see if im close....

oh im on axe fx II and 17.3 version...
I note when I upgraded it added some cab blocks before the amp ??? dont get that but Ill shunt that and all will be well...

When and if you upgrade you might find some odd things like that extra things added into the mix just shunt those ..

I just tried it and it sounds pretty close to me.
Id bet my boots its a plate reverb and the London Verb sounds fantastic...

To these old leather ears that is...

Grinning like a cat eating shit from a hair brush here

I love this machine....

Cliff you are the dude that abides...
now if I can just upgrade the mfc 101 without wrecking things....

my scenes are whack now but winning WINNING...

Ps. Not claiming to be an expert at anything here reverb or otherwise but decided to meet your challenge.
Just to try I think its a plate..
Let me know what you think Ok ?

Curious if you find that is close or not...
Peace

Last edited:
ODS 100 I downloaded a patch someone put up about Klons and they called it LPD KLON DUMBLE it appears the drive is FET.
Drive 8.03 tone 7.01 low cut 20 high cut 20000hz Ge diode

I think the download was called LPD KLON DUMBLE not sure who or where it came from but it sounds great...

@lucbl3 did you try the London Plate with the settings I posted yet ?
I thought it was spot on wondering if you tried it or not.

ODS 100 I downloaded a patch someone put up about Klons and they called it LPD KLON DUMBLE it appears the drive is FET.
Drive 8.03 tone 7.01 low cut 20 high cut 20000hz Ge diode

I think the download was called LPD KLON DUMBLE not sure who or where it came from but it sounds great...

I looked for that preset, no luck. Any chance you could share yours?

Sent from my iPhone

I try to load screen caps here it does not work so I typed the settings out for some reason it wont let me post screen caps images ect..
its ods 100 though
input drive 5 od 4.76 bass 4.25 mid 6.30 treb 6.46 mst v 3 level -12. db

That one sounds pretty good here of course using my guitar with paf in bridge
and rails in middle neck atm ibanez andy timmons model
adjust to taste.

Yeah sorry I was out home playing in a 2 days gig so I was busy. It worked like a charm. Of course the pickups make huge difference. But the reverb setting, starting from London plate was spot on!

Good deal then im getting somewhere as well give it all away and it comes back in other ways they say...
Glad I could be a help im still learning the black box myself so thats good to hear..

Hoped it helped...
Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom