Question for presets ,if i decide go back to early firmware?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

Would be nice to know what will happened for my all presets ,if i decide to go back and test my previous firmware what i was use before this new FW15.02. Okey im now FW15.02 and i was before that in FW13.07 ,and i was use that update amp feature only few of my old presets. And if i want to try that old FW13.07 do i need to load all my banks A B and C ,and that system backup too. To get all presets sounds like they did sound in FW13.07 i was only change that FW15.02 Gate value ,and three presets i was use that update amp feature. Questions are do i need to send to Axe FX II all banks files and system file ,and do i need to do that update all amps feature all of my presets to get old FW13.07 tones back?

Last edited:
Hey

Thanks so much for reply ,okey I have backup for Banks A B C and system backup file too what I was backup in FW13.07. Do I need to first update that old firmware ,and then export those A B C banks ,and system backup to get exactly same presets and settings like I was have in that old firmware? And I have lots of tone matching presets almost 200 ,do that going to old firmware screw those if I send those all A B and C banks back to my unit?

If you move to 15.02 then back to some early firmware, you'll lose your presets, unless you back them up and restore them.

If you're going from 13.07 to 15.02 you won't have to restore banks or system, but be sure to backup things anyway.
But be aware that going to 15.02 you'll likely have to re-tweak your presets completely, so don't do it just before a gig ;)

Hey

Okey thanks for reply again mate ,yeah those tips are good to know. But if I going to from 15.02 to 13.07 and i need then restore banks and system ,are i then safe 100% for all presets like i was have in that old 13.07 what i was use before that 15.02?

If you're going from 13.07 to 15.02 you won't have to restore banks or system, but be sure to backup things anyway.
But be aware that going to 15.02 you'll likely have to re-tweak your presets completely, so don't do it just before a gig ;)

Hey

Okey thanks for reply again mate ,yeah those tips are good to know. But if I going to from 15.02 to 13.07 and i need then restore banks and system ,are i then safe 100% for all presets like i was have in that old 13.07 what i was use before that 15.02?

Absolutely not, your presets were altered by updating the firmware. THE ONLY WAY to return to 13.07 unmolested is to have the presets already saved, prior to having updated to 15, and accessible. You can't get the 15 genie back in to the bottle.

Hey

Thanks a lot reply mate ,again i was learn little bit more. Okey i was made that backup for banks and system when i was in 13.07 ,i have all those files in my computer. And that ONLY Way to return to 13.07 did you mean like this ,i must update my Axe FX II to FW13.07 and after that i need to export my 13.07 backups banks and system files to Axe FX? And then im fine and safe to get 100% that old 13.07 tones back. Because i don't need those 15.02 tones and features ,i want only test that my previous FW13.07 tones. And I'm sorry if this all sounds confusing ,my apology mate.

Absolutely not, your presets were altered by updating the firmware. THE ONLY WAY to return to 13.07 unmolested is to have the presets already saved, prior to having updated to 15, and accessible. You can't get the 15 genie back in to the bottle.

If you have all of your 13.07 backups, install the firmware and then reinstall your banks and you will be back to 13.07. You MIGHT have to down grade your Axe Edit to a previous version as well.

Hey

Thanks again mate ,yeah that was good info i will try that then. I need only now try remember ,what axe edit i was use for those days. Thanks so much.

If you have all of your 13.07 backups, install the firmware and then reinstall your banks and you will be back to 13.07. You MIGHT have to down grade your Axe Edit to a previous version as well.

Excellent. Enjoy
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom