• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Question for people with Headless Guitars

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
I'm kicking around getting a headless guitar with Strandberg or a steinberg bridge/body mount tuners. My question to anybody who owns or has used one extensively is this: Do you find it strange to tune with the same hand that you pick with? I have a feeling I'll be dropping a lot of picks when using an electronic tuner. I'm guessing it's kinda like tuning via harmonics and your fret hand has to turn the tuning pegs, which is kind of a pain in the ass.

Also, how difficult is it to go to Drop D with these tuners? I know the gear ratio is really high, so do you have to turn a million times to drop it?

t0aj15

Power User
It only felt odd for the first couple hours, since then it's normal for me to tune that way. BTW I don't tune with a pick, I just use the edge of my finger to strike the string near the fourteenth fret then adjust the tuner. Here's the axe I use;

120180b_zpse4085265.jpg

simeon

Axe-Master
just put the pick in your mouth. this shouldn't be a deal-breaker. i use drop d occasionally and it's easy to tune down. i lock the trem from behind before doing it, so the guitar stays in tune.

Top Bottom