question for Ownhammer! (The Heavy Hitters Collection)

Sorry for the dropout, been working like mad around the clock on this. Would have released it last week, but some last minute light bulb moments resulted in some absolutely killer new mix file content that was added this week. Release is tomorrow, I'll post more details then. :)

Awesome!
The Orange V30 JS mix with my USA IIC++ settings works very well for HUGE and defined tones!
man you were the reason behind this ! i have been following your FB page and youtube channel and listening to the demos you were posting made me get these IR's without thinking at all ! i really appreciate your work ! keep rocking \m/

these sound so good right out of the gate. Wow! Immediately loaded up the A1 picks to sample and bam! So far my fav in that folder is the MES G80+V30CUT+121

This looks to have just what I've been looking for in a single purchase. Sweet. This will likely be my first cab pack purchase. Nice work!

This will likely be my next music related purchase...I would like to hear some "not" heavy demos though. I am a heavy guitarist but with greenbacks n such in the mix I'm curious to hear how some of those IR's sound with a Plexi or even a Twin or AC30.. I'm really hoping this pack will be a "one pack to rule them all" kind of thing for me, especially when trying to convince my wife its worth it to spend $50 on something she thinks i already have enough of (especially since im doing some DAW & Plugin upgrades)...

And no, the arguement doesnt hold up when it comes to shoes, handbags, ear rings, pants, and any jewelry...lol

@stm113: lol, you already know what you have to do: let 'er spend 50 clams on something for her first, then it's your go. Personally, my ball-n-chain is a 2:1 ratio: she gets 2x to my 1x, but it's cheaper to keep 'er (so they say). Good luck with the "one pack to rule them all" aspect though. I've never been disappointed in an OH product but you might as wells face the music now...IR packs are Lay's tator chips...you can't stop at one. :) Welcome to the rabbit hole, enjoy your stay.

Thanks for the kind words, happy to hear everyone is enjoying the library!

The speaker choice in the Orange cab in this library was made in so that it could bring diversity to the pack for non-metal purposes. Cleans through even the V30 are excellent with a very cool touch sensitivity in the midrange. Though the other cabs certainly can do things other than metal as well. In prep for a library further down the pipeline I was jamming on some Foreigner riffs, and wasn't paying attention to whatever IR was loaded because it sounded perfectly pleasing to my ears and in context sonically. Looked later out of curiosity, and it was the HHC 412 MES V30 CUT+121, one of the best rip your face off metal files in the lot. :)

That said, there are libraries on the site currently and many that will be coming out later that are target specific for things non-heavy, non-4x12 related that would be more appropriate than this particular library. LOTS of them to come, actually... ;)

Just as well, depending on your Frequency Discount accrual, it could be a hefty chunk less than the sticker price!

Been lurking this cab pack for some time and finally bought it. Only problem is, that i should have bought this pack earlier. Awesome impulses and very nice collection! Well done again @ownhammer! Big thanks for the A1 folder and Quick start folders. Helps a lot for choosing impulses when the library is so big.

Glad you're digging it! What's funny is I still keep finding new things about it, not necessarily that anything has changed with the library, but different uses of guitars, pedals, amps, settings, music styles, etc, will make other cabs and speakers more appropriate that maybe weren't the right fit before. All that content can definitely come in handy over the long haul. :)

Back
Top Bottom