question for non-hp version owners

an_haus

hi! I got my invitation for the non hp-version in Europe, I want to take it cause I never use headphones anyway.
For those who have one of these units, are there any bugs or problems that this version has that the hp version doesnt have? I am always hesitant to buy any electrical product from a first production batch. Just want to know your experiences before I buy :)

No bugs or issues here. Had mine for a couple of weeks now. You're covered with 3 years warranty from G66 anyway so if anything did go wrong they would fix it for you.

No issues with mine that aren't related to software bugs from FW version 1.04 (ASIO audio issues, FM3 Edit issues). No issues at all after rollback to version 1.03.

No issues. But why so many people think the Hp Version will be better than the nonhp version? It will has the same firmware as the nonhp version.

No issues. But why so many people think the Hp Version will be better than the nonhp version? It will has the same firmware as the nonhp version.
Almost no one thinks that. It was just one guy asking a question, and a bunch of people explaining that there's no difference.

OP, I plugged my headphones into the output 2 of the (non HP equipped version) FM3, and its fairly loud. Not sure why people made such a big deal to wait for the HP version to come out. Just need a $3 adapter to connect both outputs to my cans.

OP, I plugged my headphones into the output 2 of the (non HP equipped version) FM3, and its fairly loud. Not sure why people made such a big deal to wait for the HP version to come out. Just need a $3 adapter to connect both outputs to my cans.
I have the OG non headphone unit as well, but tte big deal is 3 outputs vs 2 outputs.

There's more to it than that. The output impedance from a device feeding headphones should be an order of magnitude lower than the headphones impedance. The output from Output 2 is 600ohms, which is an order of magnitude larger than your headphones. That results in a lot of tone suck. Of course it is trivial to connect the FM3 to an interface or headphone amp instead. The Output2 and Y cable should just be used in a pinch rather than as the norm.

ps: Op, I've had no issues. I'm running mine into my interface over SPDIF.

Mine is ok. Some latency still on reaper and a couple freezes with heavy cpu presets. Hopefully this it will get addressed on next few updates

Some audio latency, freezes up once in awhile still (on different presets). FM3 edit showing incorrect settings on some on the blocks (different to what is shown on the FM3 itself. Most noticeably my delay blocks)

Back
Top Bottom