Question for Mikko

Heavyplayer

Experienced
As you know Cliff came out with 11beta. The speaker impedance modeling

FractalAudio said:
I'm working on a idea to use the outputs of the Axe-Fx directly along with a special cable to allow field measurements by users.
Can you do this now? Or would you need to wait for Cliff to implement his idea? And would you be willing to do this for ALL your cabs, would love it for the older 2x12 zilla

I doubt there will be any updates for the existing Fractal Audio ML packs that are out there. I don't have access to many of those cabs anymore.

Sure I work with impedances a lot which only makes me think that most people should really study and understand what it actually is.. that's mainly because I don't think people will necessary notice a difference in most cases. Try the new function and record an A/B test between f.ex. a 4x12 Marshall Greenback impedance vs 4x12 Mesa V30 impedance. Do you hear a difference or do you think you hear a difference? Do a blindfold A/B test. :) The differences can be noticeable especially if you compare something like a Fender combo impedance to a Mesa head + 4x12 cab impedance but even the extremes can sometimes seem subtle. It's mainly the low end amount and "how low it is".

I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I'll admit I doubt I'll be spending a lot of time with this new function. I personally need awesome tones fast and all the clips I make are usually 2-3min tweaks. I personally feel like I get lost in the tweaking rabbit hole if I dive into the advanced parameters and lose sight of what really matters. I think the Axe-Fx III sounds just like real amps whether or not the low frequency oomph is at 110hz or 108hz or 114hz - yes I do realize that with the real life amp+cab combination that subtle oomph may occur when I'm playing a C but now it may occur when I play a C# or B.

I have a really cool real tube amp collection as well and I get to compare these side by side on a daily basis and there's not a day when I feel like the Axe-Fx III sounds "like a modeler" compared to the real amps. I do appreciate Cliff taking things to the extremes and this mentality is a big reason why the Axe-Fx III sounds so amazing.

Back
Top Bottom