Question for Liquid Foot Owners about AxeFX setup

xpenno

Power User
Hi there,

I am in the process of ordering a LFPro and would like to know a little bit about the AxeFX setup, i posted this over at the Liquid Foot forums as well.

I will most likley use the controller in AxeFX mode. I watched the youtube videos and liked the functionality of the direct control mode with the Liquid Foot knowing the state of various IAs within the Axe.

I would probably be in 12 preset and the rest IA mode which would leave me with 10 IA switches. What I would like to do is have the first 6 IAs assigned to specific models within the Axe such as Chorus, Delay, Drive etc... and I believe that this will work as per the youtube vids. As for the remaining 4 IAs these would be effects that are not the same in each patch such as pitch/vocoder etc.. My question is, is there a way of assigning the Liquid Foot IA through to one or more of the 8 external modifier within the Axe and have it read the state of this modifier? An example of this would be, preset1 has a pitch block that is assigned to external modifier 1. The liquid foot has IA 7 assigned to external modifier 1 (or it's appropriate CC value). Preset2 has the vocoder assigned to external modifier 1, and the LFPro still has IA 7 assigned to this external modifier. Will the LFPro be able to show the value (on or off) of the external modifier as it does for say drive, amp, chorus etc..? This would allow me to have 6 IAs that work with blocks that are in most patches and then 4 for 'special' blocks used per patch.

I hope this makes sense?

Regards

Spence

xpenno said:
Hi there,

I am in the process of ordering a LFPro and would like to know a little bit about the AxeFX setup, i posted this over at the Liquid Foot forums as well.

I will most likley use the controller in AxeFX mode. I watched the youtube videos and liked the functionality of the direct control mode with the Liquid Foot knowing the state of various IAs within the Axe.

I would probably be in 12 preset and the rest IA mode which would leave me with 10 IA switches. What I would like to do is have the first 6 IAs assigned to specific models within the Axe such as Chorus, Delay, Drive etc... and I believe that this will work as per the youtube vids. As for the remaining 4 IAs these would be effects that are not the same in each patch such as pitch/vocoder etc.. My question is, is there a way of assigning the Liquid Foot IA through to one or more of the 8 external modifier within the Axe and have it read the state of this modifier? An example of this would be, preset1 has a pitch block that is assigned to external modifier 1. The liquid foot has IA 7 assigned to external modifier 1 (or it's appropriate CC value). Preset2 has the vocoder assigned to external modifier 1, and the LFPro still has IA 7 assigned to this external modifier. Will the LFPro be able to show the value (on or off) of the external modifier as it does for say drive, amp, chorus etc..? This would allow me to have 6 IAs that work with blocks that are in most patches and then 4 for 'special' blocks used per patch.

I hope this makes sense?

Regards

Spence

You will probably not use the LF in axe-fx mode. It is too slow on patches changes. The normal mode w/ auto load is the way to go.

Yes, you can easily assign them to the external controllers. The LF tells the axe-fx what state things are, not the reverse. The LF controls the axe-fx. The axe-fx will change it's state to what what ever the liquid foot is set to.

javajunkie said:
xpenno said:
Hi there,

I hope this makes sense?

Regards

Spence

You will probably not use the LF in axe-fx mode. It is too slow on patches changes. The normal mode w/ auto load is the way to go.

Yes, you can easily assign them to the external controllers. The LF tells the axe-fx what state things are, not the reverse. The LF controls the axe-fx. The axe-fx will change it's state to what what ever the liquid foot is set to.

Ok thanks Java. Does that mean that I need to program each preset in the AxeFx and then the liquid foot or can you 'download' the preset values from the AxeFX or similar?

Thanks

Spence

xpenno said:
javajunkie said:
xpenno said:
Hi there,

I hope this makes sense?

Regards

Spence

Ok thanks Java. Does that mean that I need to program each preset in the AxeFx and then the liquid foot or can you 'download' the preset values from the AxeFX or similar?

Thanks

Spence

The autoload can download the initial effect states and preset names on one or a series of axe-fx presets into the liquid foot.

It can't do the external controllers because there is no way to which effect it is connected to. So you would need to set those manually.

You can do something with the initial IA states even if they are attached to external modifiers though. You can program the IAs (regardless of what they control) to have an initial state of on or off. For example, I have some external modifiers that are at their "minimum" settings -- I call this off and program the initial state of the button to show as red...it changes to green when I step on it. So in essence, it is performing the same function as being synched to a particular effect.

benjam said:
You can do something with the initial IA states even if they are attached to external modifiers though. You can program the IAs (regardless of what they control) to have an initial state of on or off. For example, I have some external modifiers that are at their "minimum" settings -- I call this off and program the initial state of the button to show as red...it changes to green when I step on it. So in essence, it is performing the same function as being synched to a particular effect.

It sounds like I need to do this. Thanks :)

benjam said:

Right, you just have to do it manually. The Auto-load function will not automatically grab the states like it does with IA you have linked to a specific effect.

Back
Top Bottom