Question for Gordius users

njmowatt

I've recently purchased the LG2 foot controller nd I'm a little confused about something.
The addendum for version 2 describes a way to use the extra midi in/outs in such a way as to be able to run both the little giant control center and the Axe-fx editor together without the need of an additonal midi interface.

Has anybody gotten this to work or even tried it. It seems bsed on the fact that the LG present 3 midi ports to the operating system (XP) which I'm not seeing.
Anybody have any better luck with it than me?

Naim

njmowatt said:
I've recently purchased the LG2 foot controller nd I'm a little confused about something.
The addendum for version 2 describes a way to use the extra midi in/outs in such a way as to be able to run both the little giant control center and the Axe-fx editor together without the need of an additonal midi interface.

Has anybody gotten this to work or even tried it. It seems bsed on the fact that the LG present 3 midi ports to the operating system (XP) which I'm not seeing.
Anybody have any better luck with it than me?

Naim
Hi Naim,
I'm not checking this forum daily, so it's a good idea to have Gordius specific questions posted on the Gordius forum.
Just read the end paragraph of that topic in the addendum document :

" * Remark : this extended USB functionality is implemented purely in firmware. It is not yet available in the current “phase 1” of the new generation products. Since it is very important to have this USB functionality thoroughly tested on the different supported operation systems (Windows, Mac, Linux), it will be released later on, in phase 2 of the upgrade. "

There is no release date yet for this "phase 2".
Today, you can use the same interconnections (single MIDI cable between LG2 and Axe-FX, single USB cable between LG2 and PC) but you can have only 1 editor application active at the same time (since they share the same MIDI-USB ports)

Both applications can be active simulataneously, but USB-connectivity works only with one of them. So if you switch from one to the other app and need USB, you'll have to re-connect from that app. Easy!

Back
Top Bottom