Question for Friedman asm-12 owners

My ASM-12 was delivered a few days ago. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for a couple of weeks. I'm in Toronto right now preparing for 2 nights of David Gilmour, then it's more of the same next week in Chicago.

Nice to know that even when my vacation ends, I'll have the Friedman waiting for me to break it in at home.

How is this for bedroom use in an apartment? Is there anything else anyone on here would recomend for that?
Kinda big vs using studio monitors. But it works fine in an apartment mainly because the wedge is focused on you, so you can keep the volume alot lower.

I just got mine today. Man it sounds great and seems to be pretty flat. I have a Matrix FR212 also and i like the way this sounds much more. Its clear without being spikey and doesn't have a boomy low end.

How is this for bedroom use in an apartment? Is there anything else anyone on here would recomend for that?

Dude, this thing is perfect for bedroom use. I have my Friedman on the floor next to my computer for monitoring when doing recordings. When my family goes to sleep in rooms about 10 feet from my location, they do not hear a thing. You can literally play at whisper levels or cranked and this thing sounds phenomenal.

I just got mine today. Man it sounds great and seems to be pretty flat. I have a Matrix FR212 also and i like the way this sounds much more. Its clear without being spikey and doesn't have a boomy low end.

I almost picked up a Matrix FR212 before getting this. I think I would have dug it but love my Friedman! Maybe the secret to the Friedman ASM-12 is that it is not spikey and there is some wiggle room in terms of the tone, especially when cranking it. A lot of those harsh or boomy tones usually appear when you increase volume with a piece of gear.

I don't know, can't explain how Dave did what he did but like I've said on here before, I knew as soon as I hit a chord that I had finally found my FRFR solution. Others sounded great with cleans and mid gain stuff but did not achieve MY hard rock/metal tone. The Friedman was instantly there for me. I honestly forget it is FRFR sometimes. When I look down at it and playing, it is a guitar cab.

I almost picked up a Matrix FR212 before getting this. I think I would have dug it but love my Friedman! Maybe the secret to the Friedman ASM-12 is that it is not spikey and there is some wiggle room in terms of the tone, especially when cranking it. A lot of those harsh or boomy tones usually appear when you increase volume with a piece of gear.

I don't know, can't explain how Dave did what he did but like I've said on here before, I knew as soon as I hit a chord that I had finally found my FRFR solution. Others sounded great with cleans and mid gain stuff but did not achieve MY hard rock/metal tone. The Friedman was instantly there for me. I honestly forget it is FRFR sometimes. When I look down at it and playing, it is a guitar cab.

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself! Struck that E chord, played a riff and smiled - I knew I was leaving the store with it, and I did.

Yeah thats the issue i had with other frfr cabs. High gain tones were always the issue. This thing is awesome. The only problem now is that i need another one lolol.

Yeah thats the issue i had with other frfr cabs. High gain tones were always the issue. This thing is awesome. The only problem now is that i need another one lolol.

Yeah, that is what I'm struggling with. Sounds so great that can't even imagine hearing in stereo!!! :)

Yeah, that is what I'm struggling with. Sounds so great that can't even imagine hearing in stereo!!! :)

Yeah i'm thinking im gonna sell the FR212 and grab another Friedman at this point. I played through both at band practice and just kept turning the Friedman up and the FR212 down. Pretty suprised how loud it gets really. My only complaint is the handle. Goodness it couldn't be engineered any worse. But i'll take a stupid handle for dem tonezzzz. Lol

Yeah i'm thinking im gonna sell the FR212 and grab another Friedman at this point. I played through both at band practice and just kept turning the Friedman up and the FR212 down. Pretty suprised how loud it gets really. My only complaint is the handle. Goodness it couldn't be engineered any worse. But i'll take a stupid handle for dem tonezzzz. Lol
The more shows ive done with the thing, the handle makes sense...its just an akward product to hold and pickup, but i think the handle is in the best place for picking it up, just not for really anything else. I just put an order in for a custom Tuki cover for it, because this thing isnt holding up too well to being lugged around by people other than me.

Couldn't be any happier with the ASM-12.

I have three of them setup WDW with an XL+.

They blow away the previous WDW rig (three 4x12s driven by tube head (D) and Matrix (W-W)) hands down in terms of responsiveness, frequency response and SPL.

They have more room feel than the 4x12s did and the Friedmans are substantially louder believe it or not.

IMO, the frequency response is spot on.

It's like anything else though, you have to take the time to tune it all in.

The more shows ive done with the thing, the handle makes sense...its just an akward product to hold and pickup, but i think the handle is in the best place for picking it up, just not for really anything else. I just put an order in for a custom Tuki cover for it, because this thing isnt holding up too well to being lugged around by people other than me.

Agreed. The handle position is fine. It's just so damn heavy..!

Couldn't be any happier with the ASM-12.

I have three of them setup WDW with an XL+.

They blow away the previous WDW rig (three 4x12s driven by tube head (D) and Matrix (W-W)) hands down in terms of responsiveness, frequency response and SPL.

They have more room feel than the 4x12s did and the Friedmans are substantially louder believe it or not.

IMO, the frequency response is spot on.

It's like anything else though, you have to take the time to tune it all in.

Man, that is awesome!! I'm not a WDW expert but is it basically effects in the far left and right and dry with the center speaker? I couldn't remember if it involves different amps, speaker sims as well. I'm really curious about this. I bet it sounds killer!

I'll be returning home to Dallas tomorrow where my ASM-12 is waiting for me. I'm selling off my 2 Atomic Reactor FRFR powered cabs, so that should pretty much pay for the Friedman. How is the ASM-12 heatwise? Is it okay to leave on for long periods of time?

I'll be returning home to Dallas tomorrow where my ASM-12 is waiting for me. I'm selling off my 2 Atomic Reactor FRFR powered cabs, so that should pretty much pay for the Friedman. How is the ASM-12 heatwise? Is it okay to leave on for long periods of time?

When I'm at rehearsals or jamming with a friend, I leave mine on from when I get there to when I pack up.. It could get switched on as early as 5pm and switched off at 11pm.. It gets warm, but not hot. Based on my experiences, I would say you should be fine.

Good luck, have fun!!

Back
Top Bottom