Question for Fractal about plugins

It's a partnership with Glade to make a plugin that can SmellMatch™ any filthy club you want

6a0134860e42be970c0133f3686340970b-pi

I know ts been mentioned and squashed before but MAN I would love, love LOVE to have a plug-in version of my A2 for in the box reamping, as I have yet to get that to work too well for me, plus that would also allow for automation of fx etc. The Fractal at that point would truly become my one stop shop for tones....

Huh. I was thinking about this all wrong. I was more thinking the plugins meant that the Axe may support plugins (in other words, the Axe-Fx II would run the plugin) - not that any current FAS product would become a plugin.

Purely theoretical question for cliff here.

Suppose you ported the Axe FX 2's amp and cab block directly as they are into a VST plugin. How resource heavy would that be on a PC?

It's probably not swamped because everybody sits there chewing their finger nails off hoping they will announce the complete FW19 amps, cabs and FX of the Axe Fx II as a VST/AU/AAX plugin suite for under US$1000, but that actually happening would be so way beyond imaginably cool that nobody dares to hoard any hope for it in even the tiniest spot of their heart.

If Fractal would want to make my dream come true, it would be the complete amps, cabs and FX of the Axe Fx II as VST3 plugins, able to pick and purchase them individually in Amplitube Custom Shop style, for a similar price range of US$10-30 per amp/cab/FX. I would so... well, I won't write in a language that I forbid my kids to use.

I'm often wrong, but I don't expect a vst/au/aax plugin to replicate the AxeFx's modeling. I expect something like an AxeEdit plugin to increase functionality. There are various ways this could be implemented, but I expect it to be like the UAD method where the processing is all handled by the proprietary hardware to keep the load off the computer. The amount of processing needed for the amps, etc. seems like it would overwhelm most host processors as to render any DAW and all the typical plugins associated useless. Even if it was stripped down to a simpler version, they already dedicate one of the tigersharc processors just for the amp models. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe they have coded stripped down versions that would run standalone or as plugins off host processors.

My guess/wish is that it's something to compete with bias desktop.

Cliff please make that available on Android, maybe the IK multimedia UA hardware would help that be feasible?

I'm often wrong, but I don't expect a vst/au/aax plugin to replicate the AxeFx's modeling. I expect something like an AxeEdit plugin to increase functionality. There are various ways this could be implemented, but I expect it to be like the UAD method where the processing is all handled by the proprietary hardware to keep the load off the computer. The amount of processing needed for the amps, etc. seems like it would overwhelm most host processors as to render any DAW and all the typical plugins associated useless. Even if it was stripped down to a simpler version, they already dedicate one of the tigersharc processors just for the amp models. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe they have coded stripped down versions that would run standalone or as plugins off host processors.

I asked for a DAW plugin exactly like this about 2 years ago, basically open up Axe-Edit as a plugin right inside of say Logic so you could save your settings as part of a project.
Makes re-amping stupid easy and makes Axe-FX that much more versatile and useable in a creative sense. Obviously, the plugin will use the AxeFX hardware to do the heavy lifting as far as processing is concerned. Hope that's what we're talking about here.

It's a Vocalist modeler. It can make anyone sound like their favorite vocalist. Here's a demo of a guy using it to sound like Axl Rose.

In the newest beta there are even parameters to mimic personalty, so you can disable things like the vocalist showing up late, throwing temper tantrums, kicking people out of shows... ;)

Yay! Can't wait to see what's in store. I'd said it before and I'll say it again, one of my favorite "features" of the Axe Fx is cliff chase and his consistant persuite to fine tune and improve his product, while offering amazing customer service and support. I'm proud to be a member of this community!

Every Fractal owner who does their own DAW work, will have to have this, If this is indeed for DAW's. No one even knows yet.
Its hard to get excited and explode the forum over something that you don't know what it is.
I think that the time between announcement of a product and actual information availability is usually a couple of months. So probably be a while
If this turns out to be something along the lines of UAD, Then watch this thread explode..
I for one am very hopeful, but just need more info before getting too excited about plug-ins.

The fact that Cliff has already made a Plug-In folder, makes me think that Fractal is planning on this to be an important addition. Lets Hope.

I really hope this is something along the lines of a plugin version of the amp and effect sims. We already have Cab-Lab so I don't need those features included in another plugin. I'm needing something for recording my guitars and bass in a laptop setup while traveling and I would rather give my money to Cliff than the other guys. Being able to take existing presets and use them would be amazing as well.

Back
Top Bottom