Question for E standard, metal players..

if there are any today....

Anyways. Did you start off scooping the mids, but have gone to the light side?...without turning down the gain?

Why? And can you post some patches?

there is more than one way to skin a cat. ive always kicked up the mids so i can hear myself. before the axe i had a mesa mkiv and i started out with that hard v but soon learned to take the eq off and loved the middy clear tones. on the axe i switched my main amp to the recto with a ts in front. ive had the axe 2 and have yet to change a preset but im playing a suhr classic until my modern comes in so well see in a couple weeks

there is more than one way to skin a cat. ive always kicked up the mids so i can hear myself. before the axe i had a mesa mkiv and i started out with that hard v but soon learned to take the eq off and loved the middy clear tones. on the axe i switched my main amp to the recto with a ts in front. ive had the axe 2 and have yet to change a preset but im playing a suhr classic until my modern comes in so well see in a couple weeks

Groovy, man. Now my problem has been including too much mids.

Great tones can be had by boosting mids in front of the amp and cutting the mids after the amp. Fortunately Cliff is very aware of this and included a graphic eq in the amp block. Hit the front end with a TS808 or a Parametric eq with about a 6dB mid boost, then cut the mids out with the amp block graphic eq. Metal heaven!

Back
Top Bottom