Question for Cliff

Radley

Experienced
Cliff,

Just wondering: Have you ever considered giving all resonance and feedback parameters in the various blocks negative (-) settings as well as the existing positive settings? It seems to me this could add more flexibility & dimension to the AFX, especially in heavily effected/ethereal patches. I have had various devices over the years with this extra feature and it provided some cool sonic options. To my digitally-challenged brain, it seems like it would only entail modifying the feedback or resonance parameter to go negative as well as positive, with the negative settings reversing the phase 180º.

Cheers,
~Rad~

I've thought about it. I've tested it too and usually it makes no difference. Where it does make a difference you can usually adjust it negative (i.e. flanger).

FractalAudio said:
I've thought about it. I've tested it too and usually it makes no difference. Where it does make a difference you can usually adjust it negative (i.e. flanger).

Thanks for the response - come to think of it, one of my favorite units that had this feature was an A/DA Flanger.

~Rad~

Back
Top Bottom