Question for Cliff....

I think Cliff is right. The desktop unit probably acts more like a method of software protection than anything else. Most developers have steered (or started steering) away from the iLok. This may be a nicely disguised, TC version of an iLok. LoL

Honestly, I don't think most high end developers are leaving ilok. Ilok seems to be more and more bulletproof in terms of the hassle they used to be. I haven't hat an issue with an ilok install since the early Windows days. I like ilok because it doesn't get hacked and the software using it seems to retain better resale value.

Relab, Slate, Softube, Liquidsonic, Eventide, Avid, Kush, Lexicon, etc. are considered to be some of the preeminent plugins in the industry. They all use ilok because the intellectual property concern is VERY high.

I've always wanted Cliff to make a native version of Axe-FX. But it would have to be ilok or, more likely, require a fractal hardware unit to be attached always or periodically.

Unfortunately, software piracy is prevalent and extremely damaging to software developers.

Back
Top Bottom