Question for Cliff - Vox Amps

Rafa Diaz

Experienced
Hello, I am not sure if that has been treated before or if what I am asking is a nonsense in which case I apologise.

Vox amps have a normal input and a bright or top boost one and if you use the normal input the amp only gets affected by the master volumes cranking up the sound, there are no other parameters such is bass, mid, treble, cut, etc....

That entrance is not used much unless you use a treble booster before the amp, and then the magic happens...

I wonder if it could be implemented for the AC30 and the AC30 models the normal channel as well for the ones we use that in our setup instead of having to tweak the rest of the parameters to achieve that?

Thanks so much in advance for responding

Rafa

My Ac30s are modded so I am not sure if is applicable to all, but when you use the normal input you don't have bass, mid or treble control for example just the master that acts as a gain makes it happen.
Unless i am mistaken I don't know how to select that input on a stadard AC30 for examle?
Maybe I am wrong and I am sorry for that, not sure I can explain myself properly?
Can you post a pic on where to select the normal channel?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for, but it seems you're asking about the a non top boost AC30. As far as I know, there already are 2 models of just that:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-audio-amp-models-class-a-30w-vox-ac-30.112787/

Running the treble booster in the drive block in front of the Class-A 30W amp model should get you where you want. Just set all the tone controls to noon if your using the ideal tone controls instead of authentic.

Just select class A 30W (not class A30W tb / bright / hot) and leave all knobs at noon. That’s the ac30 normal channel

Yep, it's in there. Authentic tab has two controls: gain, hi cut. Played it with beta 5 FW last night. Sounds excellent.

Does anyone know whether there is a 2 x 12 Celestion Greenback IR in there somewhere?

Does anyone know whether there is a 2 x 12 Celestion Greenback IR in there somewhere?
look for the “2x12 Class-A GB * AB” (or some similar name, not in front of unit at the moment to say for sure), AustinBuddy shot an AC-30 loaded with Greenbacks for one of his Cab-Packs, most of which made it into the III’s factory cab selections.

look for the “2x12 Class-A GB * AB” (or some similar name, not in front of unit at the moment to say for sure), AustinBuddy shot an AC-30 loaded with Greenbacks for one of his Cab-Packs, most of which made it into the III’s factory cab selections.

Excellent, thank you!

Hey guys picking up this one.
Quick question for @FractalAudio @edo or any of you guys...

The way I use my real AC30 6TB is using the normal input (not the bright one) , I set the normal volume at 100% and treble bass and cut at 0%, obviously the vibrato linked stuff is set to 0% as well.

To replicate that into the Axe 3 how shall i operate? I guess the model i have to pick is the AC30 TB and a 2x12 blue cab but to replicate how i set the knobs
  • Is these any way that I emulate using the normal input instead of the brilliant? t
  • Cut treble and bass at 0% in the real amp is it equal to 0% on the Axe or in the Axe is 50%?

Many thanks for clarifying chaps!

Rafa

Hey guys picking up this one.
Quick question for @FractalAudio @edo or any of you guys...

The way I use my real AC30 6TB is using the normal input (not the bright one) , I set the normal volume at 100% and treble bass and cut at 0%, obviously the vibrato linked stuff is set to 0% as well.

To replicate that into the Axe 3 how shall i operate? I guess the model i have to pick is the AC30 TB and a 2x12 blue cab but to replicate how i set the knobs
  • Is these any way that I emulate using the normal input instead of the brilliant? t
  • Cut treble and bass at 0% in the real amp is it equal to 0% on the Axe or in the Axe is 50%?

Many thanks for clarifying chaps!

Rafa

Usually ac30’s have 2 channels, either normal and bright, or normal and top boost (some have normal / bright and top boost). In a real vox, the eq knobs only work if you use the top boost channel (although they still have some impact on the tone of the normal channel, just beh subtle). If you want to replicate the normal channel (non top boost, non bright), you should select the class a 30 (not tb, not bright, not hot), input drive at 100% (that means distortion!) and cut at 0% (which is the brightest setting).

thanks, so you mean basically that there's no way to replicate the normal channel of an AC30 TBX which is way different that the normal channel than a VOX AC30???
Does it mean the Axe FX just replicates the bright channel in the TBX?

Usually ac30’s have 2 channels, either normal and bright, or normal and top boost (some have normal / bright and top boost). In a real vox, the eq knobs only work if you use the top boost channel (although they still have some impact on the tone of the normal channel, just beh subtle). If you want to replicate the normal channel (non top boost, non bright), you should select the class a 30 (not tb, not bright, not hot), input drive at 100% (that means distortion!) and cut at 0% (which is the brightest setting).

thanks, so you mean basically that there's no way to replicate the normal channel of an AC30 TBX which is way different that the normal channel than a VOX AC30???

Tbh I don’t know. I have an early 90’s tbx, but I don’t think I’ve ever plugged into the normal channel, so I don’t know how different it is from what a normal channel would sound like in another vox. Unfortunately I have it at the bands space a couple 100’s km’s away, so I can’t make an A/B comparison with the af mode. I have 3 different ac30’s (and had a 4th at some point) but i’ve always used the top boost channel. If you can record a clip of your real amp to give a reference for what you’d like the af to sound like, that would help.

The af has already all the models for different ac30 channels:

Class A 30 is ac30 normal channel
Class A 30 bright is ac30 bright channel
Class A 30 Tb is top boost channel
Class A 30 hot is the hot channel in the ac30hw2

I am not sure how different the normal channel on the Tb is, but i’m sure you can mimic it with either the class A 30 or class A 30 bright.

Back
Top Bottom