Question for Axe users that go DI to FOH

KyleUMF

Inspired
So, i just got my Atomic wedge in today! very excited to finally get more use out of the Ultra playing live... One question I have though is about the sound guy at shows.. Is there anything special that i should tell them about going DI with the axe-fx considering that the board for guitars is prob tweaked way diffirent then a mic'd guitar cab. I could be wrong but just a curiosity.

So, i just got my Atomic wedge in today! very excited to finally get more use out of the Ultra playing live... One question I have though is about the sound guy at shows.. Is there anything special that i should tell them about going DI with the axe-fx considering that the board for guitars is prob tweaked way diffirent then a mic'd guitar cab. I could be wrong but just a curiosity.

No, nothing specific you need to tell the sound guy...but if he asks, you can tell him that your DI signal will have Cab and Mic simulation (well, assuming that you set your patch up that way...which should be the case if you're using the Atomic)
If his system is flat, then he shouldn't have to do much tweaking at all.

yeah i figured he should just start at flat cause thats how i am running it. and if a lil tweaking in the mix needs to be done then cool.. just have not played lkive out of it yet and want to make sure I am well prepared as much as i can be

If you're going direct to FOH from the Axe-Fx, tell your audio engineer that you'll be sending him a signal that's balanced, line-level and Pre-EQ'ed.

Back
Top Bottom