Question for Atomic CLR Owners

Ripley

I have just received my repaired control module of a CLR Neo Mk2 wedge back from Atomic, and got me thinking how it was damaged in the first place, did I contribute to its failure.
Before the power module failed, I used to turn the output from the Axe to zero, then turn the CLR off via the on/off switch on the CLR, I did not turn the input sensitivity or master volume of the CLR down before switching off.

Since having it back, I have turned the Axe output to zero and both input sensitivity and master volume of the CLR to zero before switching off. I have noticed however, that there is still a flash of the input limit light when switching off like this. I want to make sure that I am not stressing the CLR in any way, as I want to avoid at all costs the ball-ache of sending anything back to Atomic for repair again.

So, especially to the owners that have had no problems with their CLR's, how do you switch yours off?

My CLR turns on via a rack power supply at the same time as everything else, and switches off the same way too. Been that way since I first got a CLR over 5 years ago and no problems at all.

I've had my CLR's Mk 1's since about 2012 and have always shut them off before anything else. Last on, first off. Never touched the input levels. Curious , what was wrong with the control module on your CLR's?

I have 3 and only one had an issue that Tom quickly took care of. As said earlier, no need to adjust the knobs. Turning off the speaker before powering off the axe and turning the axe on prior to turning on the CLR is just to keep that pop from happening...it's really not going to matter though.

Thanks for the replies. I have always switched the CLR on last and off first, maybe I was just unlucky.

I've had my CLR's Mk 1's since about 2012 and have always shut them off before anything else. Last on, first off. Never touched the input levels. Curious , what was wrong with the control module on your CLR's?
Apparently a power module failure, no more explanation than that from Atomic, seems to be the main reason for CLR problems.

Thanks for the replies. I have always switched the CLR on last and off first, maybe I was just unlucky.

Apparently a power module failure, no more explanation than that from Atomic, seems to be the main reason for CLR problems.

I've got a bad CLR Neo, first version. How can I identify what's wrong with it?

Like Unix-Guy said, contact Atomic at support@atomic amps.com, describe the symptoms of what is happening with your monitor, also let them know the status of any display lights. Atomic will reply to you, and maybe give you an idea of what has failed

Back
Top Bottom