Question: Can you do this?

On the per preset page, where do I go to configure a per-preset switch without layout link set?
It's on the first page, Per-Preset FC. Scroll down to the bottom and there are two sections: "LAYOUT LINK - TAP" and "LAYOUT LINK - HOLD"

Ok so I misunderstood your original instruction.
I was looking for a way to assign the layout link globally and then override on a per preset basis.
Now I understand that you're saying I would need to go into each preset and assign or not assign the layout link on a preset by preset basis.
Thx.

Ok so I misunderstood your original instruction.
I was looking for a way to assign the layout link globally and then override on a per preset basis.
Now I understand that you're saying I would need to go into each preset and assign or not assign the layout link on a preset by preset basis.
Thx.
Still not happening for me.
If anyone can chime in and let me know how to do this?

Still not happening for me.
If anyone can chime in and let me know how to do this?

See the "PER-PRESET METHOD 1: OVERRIDES" section on page 34 of the manual. This section explains exactly what you need to do.

It seems like you have some confusion on what is possible. To be clear, you can define the global behavior for any switch on any layout to have a layout link for tap or hold. And you can also have a per-preset override for any switch. However, if you override a switch in a preset you can't only change the layout link behavior and you must define the complete tap/hold behavior you want for the override - there is no notion of an override switch inheriting global behavior.

I use layout link like this with both global switch configuration and per-preset overrides and everything works as expected.

See the "PER-PRESET METHOD 1: OVERRIDES" section on page 34 of the manual. This section explains exactly what you need to do.

It seems like you have some confusion on what is possible. To be clear, you can define the global behavior for any switch on any layout to have a layout link for tap or hold. And you can also have a per-preset override for any switch. However, if you override a switch in a preset you can't only change the layout link behavior and you must define the complete tap/hold behavior you want for the override - there is no notion of an override switch inheriting global behavior.

I use layout link like this with both global switch configuration and per-preset overrides and everything works as expected.
Got it to work.
Usually a pretty technical guy but this one was boggling my head.
The concept needed to be clarified as you said.
In my head I kept thinking I had to turn off Layout link somewhere.
Many thx to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom