Question: Can you do this?

bjjp2

Power User
Didn't see it in the manual and sorry if asked before. Can I step on a particular preset from the main layout and have it automatically go to a another layout, such as the Effects layout?

I have not tried it with presets but it works great per scene. It currently works on the tap part of the button but there is a bug with assigning it to the hold button where it will unassigned itself when the Axe III is powered off. It is reported and acknowledged and hopefully will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
Just for clarification— if I want to have stepping on any preset automatically bring up the effects menu, do I have do that (with “Layout Link”) globally or so I have do it preset by preset?

Just for clarification— if I want to have stepping on any preset automatically bring up the effects menu, do I have do that (with “Layout Link”) globally or so I have do it preset by preset?
You can set up any buttons that do Preset change to also have the link layout. But it's a button setting, not "global".

If you have one layout for changing presets, then just change each button in that layout.

You can optionally override buttons per-preset.

Every button can be per-preset, so I don't see why not.
Been playing around with this on my FC-6.
It seems to me that you can't override this function on a per preset basis because it's a global function.

I would be happy to be wrong but I did the following:
All songs on a different preset.
Preset layout setup is 6 preset switches and two bank switches (Hold).
When I trigger a preset I want the layout link to go to Layout 2 (Scenes).
If I program that switch to use the layout link, it is assigned globally.
When I go into a preset where I don't want the layout link to fire, I see no way to override the function.

Last edited:
I agree, it does seem like it is global and can't be overriden on a per preset basis. If you use the long or short name feature, at least the effect type names will load in based on what you have in your preset. This would let you have 8 different layouts to choose from based on similar effect choices/groupings. Not perfect but might work?

No complaints here. There's always another way to things in the Fractal world.
I will just override unused scenes for presets to solve my issue.
In other words for the odd preset that I need to have quick access to another preset in the scenes layout.
May sound convoluted but pretty easy fix for me.

Been playing around with this on my FC-6.
It seems to me that you can't override this function on a per preset basis because it's a global function.

I would be happy to be wrong but I did the following:
All songs on a different preset.
Preset layout setup is 6 preset switches and two bank switches (Hold).
When I trigger a preset I want the layout link to go to Layout 2 (Scenes).
If I program that switch to use the layout link, it is assigned globally.
When I go into a preset where I don't want the layout link to fire, I see no way to override the function.
Interesting... The manual doesn't indicate this, but I've never tried it either.

But sounds like you are trying to override it to NOT work... If you've already got it globally assigned, then I'm not sure you can unassign it per preset.

I'm guessing you could do it the other way and have it only be assigned per preset... But that probably wouldn't do what you want without a lot of work.

When I get some time I will try it out. I'm planning to setup up layout links anyway.

Interesting... The manual doesn't indicate this, but I've never tried it either.

But sounds like you are trying to override it to NOT work... If you've already got it globally assigned, then I'm not sure you can unassign it per preset.

I'm guessing you could do it the other way and have it only be assigned per preset... But that probably wouldn't do what you want without a lot of work.

When I get some time I will try it out. I'm planning to setup up layout links anyway.
You can't override it per preset.

You can't override it per preset.
Layout link cannot be overridden independently of the other switch configuration parameters. You can override it but would need to duplicate the rest of the switch configuration in the per-preset switch with or without the layout link.

Layout link cannot be overridden independently of the other switch configuration parameters. You can override it but would need to duplicate the rest of the switch configuration in the per-preset switch with or without the layout link.
Layout link cannot be overridden independently
You can override it
but....
I don't understand.

If your global switch has layout link set you can configure a per-preset switch the exact same way but without layout link set. Then when you override the global switch for a particular preset, the layout will not change.
Global switch = Preset
Preset switch is assigned to layout link (go to layout 2 scenes)
On the per preset page, where do I go to configure a per-preset switch without layout link set?

Back
Top Bottom