Can current Cab-Lab process UltraRes IRs?

I was excited about converting my RedWirez collection also, but I don't think they will benefit much. They are only around 100ms long, and thus less than the 170ms required for UltraRes. Can't hurt to try though...

I was thinking about doing the same and it seems like the 96/24 IR`s are mostly 50-90 ms with the largest one being 239 ms (ambient mics).

Well, one more reason for me to NEVER USE redwirez again. Ever.

Well, to be fair, they didn't know they needed to make them any longer because for one thing, who would have used them? For another, there has been some discussion among those who theoretically know enough about the stuff to say that it was pointless. But, clearly, not everybody has the same understanding of how things work as Fractal does and now they're the only ones with the technology to implement that use. So, now we have a need. I'm sure Redwirez will adjust over time, but this is all pretty new. As has been pointed out, software is time-consuming to both develop and implement, as is taking IRs of real-world cabinets.

Note that CabLab doesn't support UltraRes yet. It will soon and any existing users will get a free update.

Thanks Cliff. I thought was losing my mind when there was no sound with any of the ultrares cabs after being imported with cablab. It's all good though with Axe manage!

Well, to be fair, they didn't know they needed to make them any longer because for one thing, who would have used them? For another, there has been some discussion among those who theoretically know enough about the stuff to say that it was pointless. But, clearly, not everybody has the same understanding of how things work as Fractal does and now they're the only ones with the technology to implement that use. So, now we have a need. I'm sure Redwirez will adjust over time, but this is all pretty new. As has been pointed out, software is time-consuming to both develop and implement, as is taking IRs of real-world cabinets.

Has it been confirmed that Redwirez don't have longer files? maybe the originals were just truncated for the release.

Back
Top Bottom