Question before purchase of the Ultra

Cliff, is my "Purple Haze" Ultra the new official color?

mortega76 said:
joeltc1 said:
[attachment=0:3jwibizp]ultrastandard.jpg[/attachment:3jwibizp]
The Ultra just came last week, so many good sounds- love running BOTH together-I'm sure you can imagine some
of the combinations that can be conjured up.... :evil: :twisted: :eek: :cool: :lol:

Yeah, "get two". Done, my friend-gotta love it :D :D :D
Cheers,
Joel in Sarasota Florida
Why does the new Ultra look purple? Is that the Barney edition? :D

Maybe Cliff will chime in on the new tint?

javajunkie said:
The pitch effects are a bit smoother on the Eclipse but the Axe-fx tracks better IMO

I've also improved the pitch smoothness for the next firmware without affecting the tracking speed and accuracy.

FractalAudio said:
javajunkie said:
The pitch effects are a bit smoother on the Eclipse but the Axe-fx tracks better IMO

I've also improved the pitch smoothness for the next firmware without affecting the tracking speed and accuracy.

:lol: :p :lol: :D

javajunkie said:
FractalAudio said:
javajunkie said:

:lol: :p :lol: :D

Cliff you are the best,

JJ - I agree with you thats funny, :lol:

P.S. I would wanna get .... ... ...

Mik.

Oh yeah, that's another HUGE thing. I found a bug in the MIDI implementation of Eclipse software and posted something on it. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit the problem. Once they did, they stated they would fix it in the next update but that it wouldn't be for a long while.

Fractal has a constant commitment to improving the product and removing bugs as promptly as possible!

Well, now that I am SOLD, can I request a 12-String patch? I asked D at Eventide to make this for the Eclipse, but she said it was too hard.

Somehow I don't think it would be that hard for the folks at Fractal -

~ Dreamin?

~ J

Ps. I too told Eventide about a "copy" function that did NOT operate correctly, and they said they'd fix it in the next version.

diggi said:
Well, now that I am SOLD...
Hey Diggi, now that you're getting two of them... make sure to ask for either the Barney Purple, Ariel Red and/or (last but not least) Cinderella Blue... ;)

diggi said:
Well, now that I am SOLD, can I request a 12-String patch? I asked D at Eventide to make this for the Eclipse, but she said it was too hard.

Somehow I don't think it would be that hard for the folks at Fractal -

~ Dreamin?
~ J

Here is the problem with this request... Please note this is just my humble opinion. From what I've gathered the general philosophy behind the axe isn't like line 6 or boss who will engineer multiple functions into one "effect" to emulate a desired pedal. The axe rather than having 5 chorus effects, just has one chorus block that you tweak to your hearts content. As well, a desired analog pedal might have some residual effects like compression that line 6 will work into there 5 billion claimed effects to fully emulate a specific pedal. Whereas the axe you would engineer your sound... like a sound engineer and use two or three blocks. From a consumer point of view it seems like a pain, but for pro's its a dream come true to not have to deal with over fabricated settings that you can't deconstruct on a basic level.
Long point short, a 12 string effect might be possible already you just need to combine the right amount of pitch and or chorus, possibly in parallel, and who knows what else. I'm sure with some work you could get as good an effect as the dedicated pedals that are available.

Keeping in mind that I disagree with the premise of trying to do polyphonic pitch shifting with single point pitch detection, I whipped this up for you in <5 minutes with almost no effort-- to show what's possible with today's shifter and a few other blocks. Pardon the tired playing!

- Compressor into a Jazz amp into a Bass cab.
- Amp also feeds a pitch shifter, 12 semitones up. This is run into a filter to take some of the low out and mixed back in with the cab tone.
- Follow with a little reverb and chorus.

http://www.mysticworks.com/tunes/12fx.mp3

Very nice tone indeed.
But I don't think you'll ever be able to simulate a 12-string unless you can process each string individually.
This is because the top E-strings and B-strings are tuned in unison and the rest in octaves.

This (12-string emulation) has been discussed here before. The bottom line is that an accurate 12-string emulation requires a hexaphonic pickup, and separate processing of each individual string. Most agreed that this is best done on a different processor, such as the Roland VG family.

xrist04 said:
This (12-string emulation) has been discussed here before. The bottom line is that an accurate 12-string emulation requires a hexaphonic pickup, and separate processing of each individual string. Most agreed that this is best done on a different processor, such as the Roland VG family.

On the other hand, getting the 12 string type effect isn't that difficult.

javajunkie said:
xrist04 said:

- Right. This is the point. You're not going to be able to exactly duplicate this, but - but, you can get something similar, simulated to a certain degree that might be great for textural thickening in say; a live situation. An "attempt" at this is something I'd applaud, and you wouldn't have to refer to it as a 12-String preset. You could use another name so that the idea is not knocked for trying to be just that -

~ J

diggi said:
javajunkie said:
xrist04 said:

- Right. This is the point. You're not going to be able to exactly duplicate this, but - but, you can get something similar, simulated to a certain degree that might be great for textural thickening in say; a live situation. An "attempt" at this is something I'd applaud, and you wouldn't have to refer to it as a 12-String preset. You could use another name so that the idea is not knocked for trying to be just that -

~ J

Well Matt, just made one very quickly :D

MisterE said:
Very nice tone indeed.
But I don't think you'll ever be able to simulate a 12-string unless you can process each string individually.
This is because the top E-strings and B-strings are tuned in unison and the rest in octaves.
I really think it can be done with an Ultra by utilizing the Crossover... Find the crossover dividing line between the lower four strings and higher two strings... (maybe using a mixer block for the following) the low notes would then use a pitch block for the higher notes and the higher set of strings would use either a chorus or short delay. I really think it's already possible with an Ultra...

mortega76 said:
MisterE said:
Very nice tone indeed.
I really think it can be done with an Ultra by utilizing the Crossover... Find the crossover dividing line between the lower four strings and higher two strings... (maybe using a mixer block for the following) the low notes would then use a pitch block for the higher notes and the higher set of strings would use either a chorus or short delay. I really think it's already possible with an Ultra...

I can't wait to hear your first attempt at this. I bet it will be AWESOME.

diggi said:
mortega76 said:
MisterE said:
Very nice tone indeed.

I can't wait to hear your first attempt at this. I bet it will be AWESOME.
In the meantime you should check this out! It's a track old skool track that I did from my first band called Sludge!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom