Question about XL+ and Q8

tonyi

Inspired
I bought a "blemished" XL+ that of course has Q8. I did this as an update from my Mark II. I don't like Q8 so I installed Q5.0 because I already have a bunch of presets in Q5 that I really like. Now all the preset banks are empty! Does this mean I have no choice but to use Q8 on the XL+?

The presets in the XL+ were from Q8. They will not work in Q5. You need to import your Q5 presets from your backup that you (hopefully) made.

I bought a "blemished" XL+ that of course has Q8. I did this as an update from my Mark II. I don't like Q8 so I installed Q5.0 because I already have a bunch of presets in Q5 that I really like. Now all the preset banks are empty! Does this mean I have no choice but to use Q8 on the XL+?

The presets and user cabs are not over written when you change firmware.

But when the firmware version is lower than the preset version, then the preset appears to be blank. It's not really blank, its just the lower version firmware can't display it.

For example:

1. Load FW Q8.02 and Q8.02 factory presets.
2. Load FW 5
3. All presets appear blank! But they are still there its just FW 5 can't display presets made in FW Q8.02.
4. Reload FW Q8.02
5. Magic, all the presets are back :)

It gives the appearance of the presets being part of the firmware since they seem to come and go with firmware updates, but that's not what is really going on.

Back
Top Bottom