Question about when using 2 amp blocks...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
I've never tried dual amps before, so i thought I'd give it a go....when running into the same cab should I hard-pan both amps? I'm not running stereo to FOH or anything, but it seems to be more of the tone I expected it to be when they are panned. Curious as to what the correct way to do it is. Any special input/output settings to be aware of?

I've never tried dual amps before, so i thought I'd give it a go....when running into the same cab should I hard-pan both amps? I'm not running stereo to FOH or anything, but it seems to be more of the tone I expected it to be when they are panned. Curious as to what the correct way to do it is. Any special input/output settings to be aware of?
The cab block is mono by default. Unless you set it to stereo, there is no point in hardpanning your amp blocks.

I wonder why it sounds so much more like I think it would when panned? Oh well, I'll keep messing with it.

Panning L/R reduces cab block input level by 6 dB assuming input mode = L+R sum. If it's left only or right only, one amp would be muted.

yeah, both amps are there....i think the cab input mode was stereo, does that need to be changed?

yeah, both amps are there....i think the cab input mode was stereo, does that need to be changed?

With mono cab, stereo input select is the same as L+R sum. Keep amp balance center and a mono cab's input select won't matter. Balancing L/R is the same as lowering each amp's output level by 6 dB.

Back
Top Bottom