Question about using left/right routing and outputs

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Is it possible to use the left and right outputs of a given out block (out1 or out2 etc) and have one side completely dry and one side with effects? Is this specific to which blocks are used earlier in the signal chain? In general I think I am confused about how to use the left/right routing of shunts / blocks / cables, etc. Anyone can explain how this works(assuming I am extremely thick)?

Yes, it's possible, there are two ways to do that.

One is to have your dry signal as is, but when you add spatial effects, pan them 100% to the right. So you'll have effects in the right channel only.

Another one is to use the Output's Mixer settings - there you can set Level and Balance for every row of the grid connected to the given Output. Suppose you have a chain of effects consisting of an Amp and a Cab in Row 1. Connect the Cab with the Output directly, but also create a chain of effects in Row 2, splitting the signal after the Cab. Then connect Row 2 with the Output. Adjust Output Mixer parameters as you wish. See page 53 of the manual.

I assume that you are talking specifically about 'Post' effects? Do you want the wet side 100% wet, or a typical wet/dry mix?

Would have to see the preset to know exactly what was needed?

Here is the way I did it, similar, but it has a completely Dry path for using software plugins. BTW MOKE, Good to see you Brother, I purchased your acoustic sims for my II but now, i have the III. I can no longer use em. Do you make them for the III as well?

upload_2018-12-19_19-41-57.png

Thank you Moke. Unfortunately, when i try the transfer they dont sound anything like they used to. ;(
Maybe im doing something wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Back
Top Bottom