Question about using a looping function within axe edit

I just watched the video.

You'd be much better if trying to dial in tones to just use the Axe Fx Looper block.

You can trigger the Record and Play manually - you don't need perfect timing in the loop to adjust settings in the preset.

Audio coming from the DAW is most likely being heard because it's routed directly to the Output block by default, which means any changes you make to the preceding blocks won't have any effect.

You might be able to route it by using the USB IN block at the beginning of the chain, but I haven't tried that before.

Audio coming from the DAW is most likely being heard because it's routed directly to the Output block by default, which means any changes you make to the preceding blocks won't have any effect.

Ok I will try this one thanks Sir

You might be able to route it by using the USB IN block at the beginning of the chain, but I haven't tried that before.

Thanks goog to know, as I can't get the dry and the 2 wet stereo signals in Reaper. I watched many Videos Reamping with Reaper but I#m missing the Step by Step instruction what to click in the Reaper advanced settings to be able to get the dry and wet signals. I can only record "normal" with out the chance to tweak afterwards via reamping. For this I have to get a Looper, right?

I just watched the video.

You'd be much better if trying to dial in tones to just use the Axe Fx Looper block.

You can trigger the Record and Play manually - you don't need perfect timing in the loop to adjust settings in the preset.

Thanks goog to know, as I can't get the dry and the 2 wet stereo signals in Reaper. I watched many Videos Reamping with Reaper but I#m missing the Step by Step instruction what to click in the Reaper advanced settings to be able to get the dry and wet signals. I can only record "normal" with out the chance to tweak afterwards via reamping. For this I have to get a Looper, right?[/QUOTE]

Thanks goog to know, as I can't get the dry and the 2 wet stereo signals in Reaper. I watched many Videos Reamping with Reaper but I#m missing the Step by Step instruction what to click in the Reaper advanced settings to be able to get the dry and wet signals. I can only record "normal" with out the chance to tweak afterwards via reamping. For this I have to get a Looper, right?
I'm not really sure what you're asking.

The OP is specifically trying to send audio into the start of his signal chain so he can tweak settings in the preset.

Are you wanting to re-amp or just tweak your tone?

I'm not really sure what you're asking.

The OP is specifically trying to send audio into the start of his signal chain so he can tweak settings in the preset.

Are you wanting to re-amp or just tweak your tone?

I want to reamp but don't get to record the 3 signals wich is 1 dry and 2 wet signals. I only can record a normal stereo signal of the guitar as I don't no each step how get this. I'm sure I have to do some settings in reaper and perhabs in the Axe FX II aswell. so I can tweak the dry signal or fine tune the sound of the guitar.

As I said I wachted vids on you tube how to do reamping but the very first to set up reaper and Axe FX are not being explained or show where to click and do the settings to get those 1 dry and 2 wet signals?

I want to reamp but don't get to record the 3 signals wich is 1 dry and 2 wet signals. I only can record a normal stereo signal of the guitar as I don't no each step how get this. I'm sure I have to do some settings in reaper and perhabs in the Axe FX II aswell. so I can tweak the dry signal or fine tune the sound of the guitar.

As I said I wachted vids on you tube how to do reamping but the very first to set up reaper and Axe FX are not being explained or show where to click and do the settings to get those 1 dry and 2 wet signals?
Ok. Hopefully someone will help you - I've never done re-amping at all.

You can arm and record both of these tracks so that you have a stereo "wet" track, and a mono "dry" track for later reamping:
To record the stereo wet signal, use a stereo track in Reaper (Axe FX inputs 1/2).
To record the mono dry signal, use another mono track in Reaper (Axe FX input 5 or 6).

If you want to reamp your recorded mono track:
1. Arm the stereo "wet" track in Reaper (or create another stereo track with the same input settings if you want to keep it separate).
2. Set the mono track's output to Axe FX output 5 or 6. UN-arm this track. You don't want to accidentally record over your dry signal.
3. On the Axe FX, set the input to USB in the Input 1 block.

When you hit play or record in Reaper, the dry track should now play into the input 1 block in the Axe FX, and Reaper should monitor/record the new wet sound.

More info on the Wiki: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=USB

You can arm and record both of these tracks so that you have a stereo "wet" track, and a mono "dry" track for later reamping:
To record the stereo wet signal, use a stereo track in Reaper (Axe FX inputs 1/2).
To record the mono dry signal, use another mono track in Reaper (Axe FX input 5 or 6).

If you want to reamp your recorded mono track:
1. Arm the stereo "wet" track in Reaper (or create another stereo track with the same input settings if you want to keep it separate).
2. Set the mono track's output to Axe FX output 5 or 6. UN-arm this track. You don't want to accidentally record over your dry signal.
3. On the Axe FX, set the input to USB in the Input 1 block.

When you hit play or record in Reaper, the dry track should now play into the input 1 block in the Axe FX, and Reaper should monitor/record the new wet sound.

More info on the Wiki: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=USB

Sorry @Bcraig for hijacking this Thread.

@getlostinsound Thank you very much for this explanation. I think get it now and try it tonight. This was a great help!

Back
Top Bottom