Question about using a looping function within axe edit

Bcraig

Inspired
where I can just experiment by playing like a short 30-second chord progression or riff idea
so I can use Axe Edit to change parameters and using my ear to shape tone without the guitar in my hands
is this possible with Axe 2 XL +?

where I can just experiment by playing like a short 30-second chord progression or riff idea
so I can use Axe Edit to change parameters and using my ear to shape tone without the guitar in my hands
Insert a looper block at the beginning of your signal chain. It has controls for recording, playback, etc.

Yes. Put the looper block in the front of the chain.

Chris I came across this video thanks for making I hoping this will help me set up the looper block up properly

Last edited:
Chris I donot have a pedal board to set off the looper can
is there a way to set up the fractal expression /volume pedal
if so how would I do this ?

Chris I donot have a pedal board to set off the looper can
is there a way to set up the fractal expression /volume pedal
if so how would I do this ?
An expression pedal can not control a looper because it’s a pedal not a switch. Just use the record and play buttons in the Looper block and use the Trim function to take out dead space before or after the part you want to loop.

An expression pedal can not control a looper because it’s a pedal not a switch. Just use the record and play buttons in the Looper block and use the Trim function to take out dead space before or after the part you want to loop.

Ok I will try that Thanks Sir

Chris, I cannot afford Yours at Fractal
what kind of the third party can I use to use the looper?

Because this trim is not helping me

Last edited:
sorry my bad
I mean the Foot Controller You guys sell
so I am looking for something I can use meaning third party
what do I look for that can work with Axe 2 FX XL+ ?
You don’t need a foot controller really if it’s just to jam at home.

Are you successfully using the Record and Play buttons on the unit to record loops? What isn’t working when trimming?

sorry my bad
I mean the Foot Controller You guys sell
so I am looking for something I can use meaning third party
what do I look for that can work with Axe 2 FX XL+ ?
Chris doesn't sell controllers. He doesn't work for Fractal... Just a helpful guy ;)

You don’t need a foot controller really if it’s just to jam at home.

Are you successfully using the Record and Play buttons on the unit to record loops? What isn’t working when trimming?

before I start to play I have a drum loop track playing on in the background on so my foot is tapping away
then I press record counting 1,2,3,4,1
then when using trim
I cannot seem to get it to loop to well loop lol
what I am missing?

before I start to play I have a drum loop track playing on in the background on so my foot is tapping away
then I press record counting 1,2,3,4,1
then when using trim
I cannot seem to get it to loop to well loop lol
what I am missing?
Chances are you wouldn’t loop to a drum machine with a pedal either. It’s extremely difficult to loop it exactly to a track that’s playing. I’m a drummer and I can rarely do that on guitar. I honestly don’t know many people who can do this.

You should instead consider a free or cheap DAW to load the track and simply record your idea. This is how almost everyone does something like that.

Looping to a drum track and keeping it exactly sync’d is extremely hard to do. You didn’t mention that before so I suggested what I did not knowing that.

Chances are you wouldn’t loop to a drum machine with a pedal either. It’s extremely difficult to loop it exactly to a track that’s playing. I’m a drummer and I can rarely do that on guitar. I honestly don’t know many people who can do this.

You should instead consider a free or cheap DAW to load the track and simply record your idea. This is how almost everyone does something like that.

Looping to a drum track and keeping it exactly sync’d is extremely hard to do. You didn’t mention that before so I suggested what I did not knowing that.

I do use a DAW Logic Pro X
I record guitar on track 1. and use drummer to keep in time on track 2.

But what I am trying to do is record a simple musical idea
then loop it
and while having that loop go on continually
Then I can change parameters in Axe edit on the fly so I can customize my own tone

I don't know how to do this or if it is possible in my daw

I do use a DAW Logic Pro X
I record guitar on track 1. and use drummer to keep in time on track 2.

But what I am trying to do is record a simple musical idea
then loop it
and while having that loop go on continually
Then I can change parameters in Axe edit on the fly so I can customize my own tone

I don't know how to do this or if it is possible in my daw
Definitely possible. Just select the region and engage the loop button.

Chris, I made a video for You what I am trying to do
forgive for messing up on guitar still learning

oops forgot to post link

Chris, I made a video for You what I am trying to do
forgive for messing up on guitar still learning

oops forgot to post link

Chris can I use a looper pedal to record from axe edited the during playback I can adjust parameters in real time to hear the tone changes ?

Chris can I use a looper pedal to record from axe edited the during playback I can adjust parameters in real time to hear the tone changes ?
You can definitely just stick a looper before the Axe Fx to replay something while you tweak settings.

Note that there is no audio passing thru Axe-Edit... It's just an interface to change settings.

Back
Top Bottom