Question about the studio compressor

Holyoli

Experienced
Hi,

I noticed that with the same blocks at default (reset on each one and switching Axe II comp detector to Rms) the studio comp in the Axe III seems to compress much more than on the AXE II. I hardly have - 5db on the Axe II and more than -10 db on the Axe III, switching the same guitar to both units.
The overall volume is also lower on the III comp output which is logical as it seems to compress more; I could of course raise the output comp level but it would still be more compressed , with a ratio of only "2".

Is it normal or a bug ?
Thank you.

Thank you Yek ! I didn’t know about these changes.

I have a small problem now : I used to rely a lot on the studio comp of the axe II and I would like to convert my presets/ blocks to the III. The settings I used where closed to default, and with the new calibrated version I have tried to raise the threshold and push the output level but with mixed results. Maybe Cliff or Matt could chime in and tell us what would be the equivalent settings of the “old default” ? I miss the kind of immediate “more body / mids” you got when engaging the studio comp in the II.
Thanks .

Back
Top Bottom