Question about the Speaker Tab and Tube Power Amps

GreatGreen

Power User
If I'm using a tube poweramp, wouldn't the speaker tab of the Amp block apply the resonance curve twice, one from the Axe and another from the tube amp itself?

If that's the case, does zeroing both resonance parameters effectively negate the Axe's speaker resonance modeling?

If I'm using a tube poweramp, wouldn't the speaker tab of the Amp block apply the resonance curve twice, one from the Axe and another from the tube amp itself?

If that's the case, does zeroing both resonance parameters effectively negate the Axe's speaker resonance modeling?

Poweramps set to on or off?

I'll set the global to off and leave the sag set to default when I want the preamp sag, otherwise it's also set to off.

If global is set to off these parameters do nothing except for motor drive.

As for negating the resonance at zero, im not sure of.

Good question. How about for both. Is the speaker tab disengaged when the poweramp modeling is disengaged?

I asked cliff some questions pertaining to my uses which is with global PA Set to off but PA sag left at default to take advantage of the preamp supply sag.

When the global PA is set to off the only working parameter is motor drive on the speaker page. And the PA sag parameter controls the amount of preamp supply sag.

Back
Top Bottom