Question about the OFM9G layout

I'm trying to find a way to get the display screen to show the range of presets that I'm on when using the preset + or preset - buttons.

Is there any way to get it to follow the preset range you're currently at when you select a preset?

Example if I use preset + to get up to preset 30, is there a way for that to be reflected on the main screen along with the adjacent presets?
No...

For anyone interested, below is a diagram of the current switch layouts I'm using with some slight changes from the OFM9G layout. A few notes:
  • The top three switches stay the same on all layouts except the "Scenes" switch changes to "Presets" on the scenes layout. This gives me access to Scenes/Presets, Effects, Tap Tempo and Tuner in a consistent location at all times.
  • On boot-up, the first layout shown is Presets. When a preset is selected, "Layout Links" change the view automatically to the Scenes layout.
  • I would very rarely use more than 3 or 4 scenes, but have access to the first 6 on one layout, with the ability to hold for the other two.
  • I added three scenes switches to the Looper layout so I have options for a few tones right there without leaving the looper controls. These show the first three scenes of whichever preset is active.
You can see the details below. I'm still amazed at the flexibility in the design of these switches and how easy it is to set things up once you understand the possibilities. Hope this is helpful to some of you looking for ideas.

Den's FM9 Switches Layout.jpg

Attachments

• Den's FM9 Switches Layout.jpg
    Den's FM9 Switches Layout.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 12
OK so if I want to use the Scene links as described by Chris but have the first 3 switches be scenes for that preset and the next 2 switches be effects, with 6th switch remaining as it is. Can I do that? I am not in front of my FM9 atm.

I recommend you use FM9-Edit to set up your switch layouts. Once you understand how things are set up, you'll be surprised how fast and easy it is to set things up the way you would like most.

I recommend you use FM9-Edit to set up your switch layouts. Once you understand how things are set up, you'll be surprised how fast and easy it is to set things up the way you would like most.
Yes, I use Edit for almost everything-easy because I am in a home studio-no pressure. Appreciate the vote of confidence but even though I am a retired MS Tech (ended around Win 2000 server & win 7) and been here so longI just never dove in deep to edit (any of them). I will give it my best and probably have to call (post on the forum) for help.
But iah am looking forward to finally , just do it, stupid. Key word I guess is lazy.........Thanks again.

Reactions: Den
For anyone interested, below is a diagram of the current switch layouts I'm using with some slight changes from the OFM9G layout. A few notes:
  • The top three switches stay the same on all layouts except the "Scenes" switch changes to "Presets" on the scenes layout. This gives me access to Scenes/Presets, Effects, Tap Tempo and Tuner in a consistent location at all times.
  • On boot-up, the first layout shown is Presets. When a preset is selected, "Layout Links" change the view automatically to the Scenes layout.
  • I would very rarely use more than 3 or 4 scenes, but have access to the first 6 on one layout, with the ability to hold for the other two.
  • I added three scenes switches to the Looper layout so I have options for a few tones right there without leaving the looper controls. These show the first three scenes of whichever preset is active.
You can see the details below. I'm still amazed at the flexibility in the design of these switches and how easy it is to set things up once you understand the possibilities. Hope this is helpful to some of you looking for ideas.

View attachment 91983
Brilliant!

Does anyone know if a custom switch layout (file) can be exported, backed up, shared, restored?

Or does it just live in the unit itself?

View attachment 91983

I worked on my FM9 last night and I'm pretty sure I was able to emulate your configuration. So far I'm really digging it. I did make a few minor edits. Also, the use of the "Layout Links" was initially a bit of a head scratcher, but I seemed to have figured it out. . . . well enough to get it to jump to the Scenes Mode layout once a Preset is selected (BIG TIME SAVER BTW)!

A question about the "Layout Links", does anyone know what the two View options (View 1, View 2) are and what do they do?

A question about the "Layout Links", does anyone know what the two View options (View 1, View 2) are and what do they do?
You can learn about Layout Views on page 81 of the FM9 manual. This applies if you're using an FC unit along with the FM3 or FM9. If you're using only the FM9, you're only concerned about View 1. Hope this makes sense.

For anyone else interested in setting up Layout Links, here's a quick step-by-step. Once you dig into it, I think you'll find it much easier than expected:
  1. Just click the FC Edit button near the top right and select your Presets Layout (Layout 1 for me).
  2. Select a switch to assign a layout link.
  3. At the lower right of that screen, next to layout Links click on Edit Links.
  4. On the next screen under TAP: Layout, for FM9 select your Scenes Layout (Layout 2 for my set up).
  5. To the right of that, under View select View 1.
  6. Repeat this for each switch you'd like to assign a layout link.
  7. What happens now is when you select a preset, on release of the switch it will jump to your Scenes Layout showing View 1.
Hope this helps!

Thanks to @Den hooking me up with the instructions elsewhere, I just figured out how I’m going to keep mine set up.

Stepping on a preset automatically jumps to the scenes in that preset, then from now on, I’ll be making my 4th and 8th Scenes jam-friendly scenes, so when I step on the switch for those, it switches to the Effects layout so I can use it stompbox style.
Only other thing I did was linking the looper via hold on the top left switch.

Utterly insane what this thing can do. That took seconds to do!

Back
Top Bottom