Question about the OFM9G layout

rossipedia

Power User
On my FM3, I'm using the layouts from here and am super happy with it. On my FM9, I'm using the OFM9G layouts and they're almost perfect, except for one thing:

On my FM3 whenever I select a preset, the layout switches immediately to the "Scenes" layout and shows the scenes for the selected preset.

On my FM9, whenever I choose a preset, the layout does not switch to Scenes, and still stays on the "Presets" layout. Is there some way to replicate the FM3's behavior where selecting a preset automatically switches over to the "Scenes" layout?

On my FM3, I'm using the layouts from here and am super happy with it. On my FM9, I'm using the OFM9G layouts and they're almost perfect, except for one thing:

On my FM3 whenever I select a preset, the layout switches immediately to the "Scenes" layout and shows the scenes for the selected preset.

On my FM9, whenever I choose a preset, the layout does not switch to Scenes, and still stays on the "Presets" layout. Is there some way to replicate the FM3's behavior where selecting a preset automatically switches over to the "Scenes" layout?
yes, add Layout Links to each Preset Switch and point them to the Scenes layout. there's a Layout Links button on the right side in FM9-Edit when you're adjusting footswitches.

This layout seems crazy cool. I can’t wait to get my FM9 to try it out. Seems like it is already configured to do everything I will need…

This layout seems crazy cool. I can’t wait to get my FM9 to try it out. Seems like it is already configured to do everything I will need…
The only things that I changed for myself (so far) is....
  1. Added 'Layout Links' to all five 'Preset' switches to take me to the 'Scenes' layout once any preset is selected.
  2. Modified the 'Scenes' layout a bit, as I never use scenes 7 or 8 live.
  3. Switch #8 - Press=Tap tempo, Hold=Tuner
  4. Switch #9 - Press=CS1
  5. Switch #5 - Hold=Scene 7
  6. Switch #6 - Hold=Scene 8

1. Added 'Layout Links' to all five 'Preset' switches to take me to the 'Scenes' layout once any preset is selected.
  4. Switch #9 - Press=CS1
Oh wow - the layout links sounds good. Man - I have so much to learn, LOL.

4. Switch #9 - Press=CS1
Not too far removed from my tweaks to these. It's a really good basic setup out of the gate. My Scenes layout got duplicated, and set up for 1-4 and 5-8, along with a few open spots for CS goodies....

4. Switch #9 - Press=CS1
I just setup the Layout Links for that as well. That’s an awesome feature.

Last edited:
Good ideas above. I ordered my FM9 yesterday, so currently going over my plans for switch layouts as well. Here are my current thoughts:
  • I'm definitely setting up the Layout Links on the Presets layout to go directly to Scenes.
  • I'm thinking about setting up access to the Presets layout using a hold on the top left and leaving the press for Scenes. My startup screen will be Presets.
  • The center top would remain a press for Effects and hold for Looper.
  • The above would free up the top right switch to be set up with a press for Tap Tempo and hold for Tuner.
  • This then allows access to Scenes, Presets, Effects, Looper, Tap Tempo and Tuner on every layout across the top consistently.
  • I'll then set up the Scenes and Effects Layouts with a More switch at the far right, toggling between two layouts each of Scenes and Effects.
  • On the Presets Layout, I'll set up a hold on the far left for Previous Bank, and a hold on the far right for Next Bank.
  • In the Effects layout, I’ll add in a few CS controls for Amp Boost, Fat and Saturation. along with the usual suspects.
I think this is my starting point … maybe a bit of tweaking from here ... but based on what I’ve done with the FM3, this should be an amazing layout for my purposes. 🍻

Last edited:
Not too far removed from my tweaks to these. It's a really good basic setup out of the gate. My Scenes layout got duplicated, and set up for 1-4 and 5-8, along with a few open spots for CS goodies....
I think you and I are pretty much on the same page as far as layouts. I'm excited about how much more flexibility the FM9 offers in what's still a compact form factor.

I'm trying to find a way to get the display screen to show the range of presets that I'm on when using the preset + or preset - buttons.

Is there any way to get it to follow the preset range you're currently at when you select a preset?

Example if I use preset + to get up to preset 30, is there a way for that to be reflected on the main screen along with the adjacent presets?

Back
Top Bottom