Question About the Friedman Amp Presets

DavidE

Power User
I never played a real Friedman, so I'm curious. When I got to the Friedman presets on my AX8 they were really bassy compared to the others. I tweaked them to my liking by reducing the depth, but do real Friedmans have that much bass? Glad it was so easy to tweak on the AX8~!

Yup if used with the matching cabinet. The design is weird as the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack. So if you use a 16-ohm speaker you get more feedback (and much more bass) than if you use an 8-ohm speaker. The model is based on using the matching cab. It's too much bass for me so I turn down the Depth and reduce Negative Feedback a bit.

Yup if used with the matching cabinet. The design is weird as the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack. So if you use a 16-ohm speaker you get more feedback (and much more bass) than if you use an 8-ohm speaker. The model is based on using the matching cab. It's too much bass for me so I turn down the Depth and reduce Negative Feedback a bit.

Thanks for the response! I'll play with the negative feedback control when I can. :)

i definitely reduce the bass control and kill some 125 with the 5-band passive eq for the BE/HBE. if i knew what i was doing, i would use the neg feedback that cliff mentioned, but i'm not quite there yet ;)

I kept not using Axe´s Friedmans for this very reason you´re talking about, but after Cliff´s hints they became top10 for me. I add some dynamic presence and increase bright also (I play through matrix gt1000 and 2 mini rectifiers).

Great models, have been right along. Can't live without them. But thinking about, I don't even think I knew there were matching cabs. I've been using #54 since Cliff added it in a while back.

Back
Top Bottom