• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Question About the Friedman Amp Presets

DavidE

Power User
I never played a real Friedman, so I'm curious. When I got to the Friedman presets on my AX8 they were really bassy compared to the others. I tweaked them to my liking by reducing the depth, but do real Friedmans have that much bass? Glad it was so easy to tweak on the AX8~!

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Yup if used with the matching cabinet. The design is weird as the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack. So if you use a 16-ohm speaker you get more feedback (and much more bass) than if you use an 8-ohm speaker. The model is based on using the matching cab. It's too much bass for me so I turn down the Depth and reduce Negative Feedback a bit.

DavidE

Power User
Yup if used with the matching cabinet. The design is weird as the negative feedback is taken off the speaker jack. So if you use a 16-ohm speaker you get more feedback (and much more bass) than if you use an 8-ohm speaker. The model is based on using the matching cab. It's too much bass for me so I turn down the Depth and reduce Negative Feedback a bit.

Thanks for the response! I'll play with the negative feedback control when I can. :)

chris

Legend!
i definitely reduce the bass control and kill some 125 with the 5-band passive eq for the BE/HBE. if i knew what i was doing, i would use the neg feedback that cliff mentioned, but i'm not quite there yet ;)

RecifeShark

I kept not using Axe´s Friedmans for this very reason you´re talking about, but after Cliff´s hints they became top10 for me. I add some dynamic presence and increase bright also (I play through matrix gt1000 and 2 mini rectifiers).

Wildwind

Experienced
Great models, have been right along. Can't live without them. But thinking about, I don't even think I knew there were matching cabs. I've been using #54 since Cliff added it in a while back.

Top Bottom