Question about the dynamics comp

Brownmatthall

Power User
Recently I made a patch using the Dallas arbiter trick instead of a drive and ib the past it's always worked really well for me in part because of the emphasis knob. Lo and behold I busted the blocks out and there's a filter knob in their place! Is this normal behavior or was there an update recently that changed it to the filter?

Using what trick?

As for your question, I vaguely remember something in release notes, so this might have been changed indeed.
using two dynamics blocks in series (the 1st set to -1, the second to +1) "simulates" what the dallas arbiter wireless system was doing with the guitar signal (compressing it, sending it, then expanding it into the amp), gives a real ACDC vibe to the breakup bc they were big on it and actually recorded records with the wireless system bc of the tone it gave. its very transparent too so it has its uses over a drive blocks eq and coloration, with the emphasis knob it was a really nice clean platform for me to push the amp the way I wanted and retain its tone but oh well. thanks for the answer!

using two dynamics blocks in series (the 1st set to -1, the second to +1) "simulates" what the dallas arbiter wireless system was doing with the guitar signal (compressing it, sending it, then expanding it into the amp), gives a real ACDC vibe to the breakup bc they were big on it and actually recorded records with the wireless system bc of the tone it gave. its very transparent too so it has its uses over a drive blocks eq and coloration, with the emphasis knob it was a really nice clean platform for me to push the amp the way I wanted and retain its tone but oh well. thanks for the answer!
Maybe you can request this as a new block in upcoming firmware release.

Maybe you can request this as a new block in upcoming firmware release.

Interesting, never heard about it.

Check the release notes to be sure. I may be mistaken about this. There also could have been an explanation or recommendations about how to use the new knobs.

Back
Top Bottom