Question About Screws On FC-6 Side Caps

Jawoom

Inspired
I've been doing some searching and I see that people have mounted their FC6s in a variety of ways. I like the idea of using velcro or dual lock so I plan on removing the side caps from my FC6.

Can I use the same screws on the side caps without having to worry about them going in too far and potentially hitting something they shouldn't? I guess an alternative is to cut the velcro to the width of the side cabs and just lock it in there?

Thanks

I guess an alternative is to cut the velcro to the width of the side cabs and just lock it in there?
This. You save yourself time, trouble and expense. Dual-Lock, trimmed to fit the end caps.

This. You save yourself time, trouble and expense. Dual-Lock, trimmed to fit the end caps.
An added benefit: you don’t have to remember where you put the end caps. :)

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply Rex! I'll give it a go with the cabs on. I think I'll start with whatever Velcro/variety of Dual-Lock I have as I remember it has almost impossible to get my Boss ES-8 off of my board.

Thanks for the reply Rex! I'll give it a go with the cabs on. I think I'll start with whatever Velcro/variety of Dual-Lock I have as I remember it has almost impossible to get my Boss ES-8 off of my board.
If you’re using the end caps, I’d recommend Dual-Lock or some other industrial-strength Velcro-like thing.

I like minimal and functional so no extra pedals on a board. Found longer screws at Ace Hardware and no side caps. No bottom plates on the EV-2's just screwed to the board. Board is PVC from a boat supply place. Several rubber feet countersunk in the bottom to keep it from sliding.

IMG_3327.jpeg

I solved the gap issue between the bottom of my FC12 and the top of the pedalboard with paint stirring sticks from Home Depot.
I cut the sticks to length. Marked / drilled holes in them. Zip tied them to the pedalboard. Used 2" wide velcro to attached the FC12 to the sticks.
Also leaves room to run RGB lighting around the edges and under the FC12.

Came across these pictures I took when I had my FC-6 open to reseat loose connections. Plenty of room for long screws without hitting components. Hot glued all the ribbon cables in place.

IMG_3566.jpegIMG_3567.jpegIMG_3566.jpegIMG_3567.jpegIMG_3565.jpeg

Last edited:
I like minimal and functional so no extra pedals on a board. Found longer screws at Ace Hardware and no side caps. No bottom plates on the EV-2's just screwed to the board. Board is PVC from a boat supply place. Several rubber feet countersunk in the bottom to keep it from sliding.

View attachment 74768
I like your mic stand base. I've been considering something similar. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom